𝟬𝟲

*ੈ TODAY *ੈ

The prank war had officially begun.

However, it was not declared between Jeremiah and Rose like they had originally planned it to be, no, after the two woke up with Steven's camera flashing in their face and Conrad humming the wedding march over by the armchair, the two declared war on the rest of the family. Because it really wasn't fair that they'd all convinced themselves Jeremiah and Rose were going to marry one day—and it certainly wasn't fair when Steven tripped her on purpose just so that Jeremiah would catch her.

He didn't, of course. Just laughed when she hit the floor. Obviously, she'd swept her leg under his feet and he came tumbling down next to her, and she did not help him up, but nevertheless, it was still a violation in her mind.

Belly wasn't there, of course, but when Rose told her about it later that night she did laugh and made bridesmaid jokes, asking what colour her bouquet will be, so that made her just as complicit in her books.

And she'd been so warm, too. Why did they have to go and wake her up?

"We could always do the cling film on the door," said Jeremiah with a sigh, tossing a tennis ball in the air as he laid on his back on her bed.

"Conrad hardly ever leaves his room," Rose argued, "and when he does, he walks as if he's magically transformed into a snail, but we just can't see it yet."

Jeremiah chuckled. "I think it's his spirit animal."

"Is a snail even an animal?"

"Yes?"

"What did you get in your last biology paper?"

Jeremiah spun around and shot her an amused look. "B. Why?"

Rose grinned. "I got B+, and I say it's an insect."

"Fine," he said finally, but not without shooting her an exhausted expression. But then his eyes lit up. "Do you remember those prank videos where they put cling film on the toilet?"

"Absolutely not," Rose laughed, trying not to gag. "That is a dangerous game."

"Are we not always up for a little danger?"

"Yes, but that danger is unsanitary."

Jeremiah threw the tennis ball at her and grinned. "So?"

"You're disgusting."

He grinned even wider. She tossed the ball back to him, only just missing his head. Jeremiah fell backwards off the bed and crashed onto the floor. Laughter bubbled in her chest as she watched him shuffle back to his feet with an embarrassed grin, his cheeks heated in humiliation.

"I'm starting to think that prank might be our only cause of action."

"I'm not cleaning it up."

"Well, neither am I."

Jeremiah whistled. "Damn. You've grown a backbone since last summer, Rose Petal."