𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

The second term finals finally passed, everyone studied like crazy, even Karma. You ended up getting help from both Asano and Karma, that made you feel almost unstoppable.

You were all seated in class, waiting for Koro-Sensei to give you your results. He put the sheet listing the top fifty on the chalkboard, you all ran up to it without hesitation. Once you saw who was in the number one spot, you gave up looking for your name.

  "See what happens when you actually apply yourself?" You teased Karma.

  "Or 'congratulations' works too," he jokingly rolled his eyes, you could tell he was containing his excitement.

  "Feels pretty good, doesn't it?" Koro-Sensei asked Karma. "Earning the highest rank on such an unforgiving battlefield."

  "Whatever, I guess so, yeah," his cheeks were pink. "But hey, look who's in sixth, how'd that happen?"

  "Hey, I studied just as hard as you did!" You huffed.

  "Joking, joking," he chuckled, kissing your forehead. "You did good, I guess."

  "Oh you just had to add the 'I guess'," you laughed a bit.

  "Of course, but hey let me see your actual tests for a sec, yeah?"

  "Uh.. Alright," you handed him all your papers, he walked back to your desks with them.

  "How is your socials almost all right, and Japanese, I couldn't help you with those.."

  "I don't need your help for everything, y'know," you laughed.

  "No seriously, your worksheet marks were practically in the shitter a few weeks ago."

  "I got help from my parents, and Asano when he had time to spare."

  "Asano? How come this is the first I'm hearing of this?"

  "Didn't think you'd care. It's not a big deal, I just needed to get a good grade."

  "Right.. Uh, yeah, just tell me next time," he said as the focus went back on your papers.

  "Sure, sorry."

  Shortly after the school day ended, Principal Asano actually tried to get rid of the main campus but Koro-Sensei saved it, of course.

  "Hey, my parents are home for a few days before they head off to Chile so you don't mind if I just go straight home today, right?" Karma asked.

  "Oh, go ahead, I don't mind at all. Tell them I say hi."

  "Yeah, will do. I uh, love you. See you tomorrow," he said before kissing your lips, he walked in the direction of the train station instead of to your house.

You pulled out your phone, opening your messages with Asano.

You

U wanna walk home together again? If ur still here ofc.

Gakushū

Yeah sure, I'm just about to be at the front of the main campus.

You

Perfect, i'll be there in a sec !

Read 3:40 PM

  You sat at the front of the school for about five minutes when he finally arrived.

  "Sorry I took a bit," he sighed.

  "It's fine- holy! What happened to your face?" You asked, grabbing his chin gently to angle his head to see the red mark better.

  "It's not a big deal, I'm fine really."

  "Was it your dad?"

  "Yeah.. I guess I apparently talked back. Flung me across the room in front of my entire class."

  "I knew something was off with him, well more than usual. He tried to rip up the old campus today, while we were all still inside too."

  "It's preposterous how he still has his job. You didn't get hurt at all, did you?"

  "No, I'm alright, don't worry. But your face looks pretty scruffed up.. If you wanted a place to stay for a bit I'm sure my parents wouldn't mind at all, given the circumstances."

  "I'll be alright, don't worry about it. Let's get going."

  The two of you walked to the gate, that's where you saw Okuda.

  "Oh, Okuda. You're here pretty late. See you tomorrow!" You smiled at the girl.

  "Yeah.. See you tomorrow.." You couldn't help but notice the judgemental stare she gave you.

  "She seems friendly," Asano whispered to you sarcastically.

  "Yeah, she totally hates me."

  "I don't see how anyone could hate you."

  "Well she definitely has a thing for Karma."

  "Ah, that'll do it."

  "It's a pain in the ass," you sighed.

  "Just let me know if she tries anything, alright?"

  "Yep, I promise."