Chapter 3: She broke me first

*Liam's point of view of the previous chapter*

Liam's POV

"Did you kiss Amber thinking that you were some frog, that if you kissed a pretty girl like her, you would magically turn into some prince?" Annette teased.

She let out her wicked laugh.

"The truth is that you are a frog, ugly and disgusting. You'll always remain that. The only reason girls like me would suck it up to be with a guy like you would be for you to do their homework. Even then, most of us would rather fail." Annette continued.

The crowd laughed along with her.

I pushed back the memory.

After all this time trying to suppress all these memories, she came back to haunt me.

I hate her with every fibre of my being. She hurt me and then disappeared, opening a window of opportunity for others to hunt me.

That is something I will never forgive her for. I hope she suffers and rots.

How dare she come back after so long?

I might have been a defenceless fool back then but it's time they felt my wrath.

I pressed the button to call the secretary. Since I haven't managed to find an assistant, she has been doing both jobs including the job of my assistant.

Belinda came running into my office like a mad hurricane.

"Isn't there anyone competent that you could find to hire?" I yelled. I slammed my fist against the table.

I ran my hands through my hair in frustration.

"If you wa-want sir, we still have another list of candidates. They can only come in tomorrow," Belinda answered.

"You know what, just forget the whole thing," I answered.

I waved her off out of my office.

I had wasted a lot of time on these interviews, but I still had a company to run.

I pulled a folder from a pile waiting for me on the side. We had a couple of pending projects that needed my approval.

I wasn't halfway through reading a page of the document when Amber suddenly came to mind.

Thank you for your time. Who even says such a thing?

She was a thing of the past and that is where she will always be.

I couldn't forget the look she had, how she seemed unaffected and completely in control. I expected her to cry and beg me, but instead all she said was 'Thank you for your time', I thought I had pushed hard enough, but it was clear that my words had no effect on her.

I pushed the folder aside, I couldn't concentrate.

Why couldn't I forget about her? My mind was clouded with thoughts of her. She had bewitched me like the devil I knew she was.

I tried pushing away all thoughts of her but the harder I pushed, the more I saw her face.

I needed a drink since I couldn't work. A distraction would be a really good idea right now.

I pulled my phone out and texted my friend, Mason. If there was one person who couldn't say no to a drink it was him. His sad life always somehow made me feel better about myself.

I walked out of my office and into my Lamborghini Veneno Roadster.

Mason and I often meet at a bar twenty minutes away from my office which was where I was headed.