Chapter 14

Sanskar's trnce was broken by Sujata's hand caressing his hair. Sanskar looked at her.

"Beta! When you were two year old na, you fell from the stairs when I was trying to catch you. You got 16 stiches, on your forehead!" Sujata said and pointed at his forehead, "so am I an irresponsible mom?"

Sanskar sighed and looked at Sujata, "I don't know ma! I should not have talked to her this way!"

"You know beta, it's midnight! But she is still here, sitting outside in this winter. She had not even moved away from the door." Sujata said.

"I should go to her!" Sanskar said.

"Yes! And it was her birthday! Even I just came to know!" Sujata said, "Never scold her this way. Beta, she does not deserve this!"

Sanskar nodded. He was about to go outside when his phone rang.

"Sir! Two murders!" Ali informed.

Sanskar stormed out of the room. Swara tried to call him but he didn't listen.

Tears rolled down from her eyes. She did not know that Sanskar was about to say sorry to her. All she believed was Sanskar's anger. His words haunted her ears.

"What happened ?" Sanskar asked as soon as he reached head office.

"Sir! That day, Hemant took the injured goon to police station. The inspector who interrogated him, had been shot dead." Ali informed.

Sanskar was frustrated, "The next?"

"Sir! Those goons came to Mumbai then! And you remember Zakir, our agent?"

"Yes! He was the one who tipped us about their whereabouts!"

"He was found dead too! But now, there is no pendrive! Only this paper is found!"

There was a paper over which something was written in blood
Daughter's accident made you run away. Very good for me and very bad for you.

Sanskar crumbled the paper and threw it with anger.

"It was him who was behind my daughter's accident!" Sanskar fumed.

"Sir! I have already sent police officers in civil clothes to increase security of Ashna!" Ali informed.

Sanskar nodded. But he was still tensed. 4 murders in two days.

When Zakir tipped us, what happened after that?" Sanskar tried to recall.

"Sir!" Ali's face frowned, "where is Durga Prasad sir?"

Sanskar remembered everything suddenly. It was Durga Prasad who led the mission.

"Sir! After Durga sir, it's you! Because you actually entered his den. You too have to be careful!" Ali tried to make him understand.

"No Ali! He will not!" Sanskar loaded his gun and called Durga Prasad.

"Bade papa! Where are you?" Sanskar asked.

"Sleeping, in my bedroom! What else will an old man do?" He was annoyed.

"Bade papa! Keep your gun loaded. There is a danger over your life!" Sanskar said.

Durga prasad's eye fell over a red light coming from thr window. He felt a hustle going on outside.

"I suppose I saw the danger!" Durga Prasad said and cancelled the call.

Sanskar's heart beat raised. With his force, he came to Maheshwari Mansion as fast as possible. Lights were on.

Sanskar came running inside. He felt relieved seeing Durga Prasad sitting in Maheshwari Mansion cross legged over couch. Behind him, Annapoorna was standing holding a long stick in her hand. Adarsh was standing holding a knife in his hand whereas parineeta was standing with saucepan.