Chapter 36

Sanskar was awaken by birds chirping in the morning. He opened his eyes and looked for his cell phone for time when he noticed Swara's absence from bed. He looked at wall clock and saw the time. It was 5:00 in morning.

His eyes looked for Swara and he was amazed to find her sleeping on the couch. Her laptop was still opened over which she was making a presentation. It seemed that she slept while completing the presentation only.

It's been 10 days since his discharge. He was feeling much better now. But since these 10 days, as if someone had fit wheels in her feet. She was trying to manage hospital, Sanskar and Ashna, all 3 at the same time. Though, family members were distributing her work but still, it was her whose responsibility.

Everyday one person or other came to meet Sanskar. Afterall, he has now become superhero for the country. Every single day, swara saw posts on him describing his sacrifice.

Sanskar was dwelling in these thoughts when Swara's eyes opened. Her face was covered in sweat. She definitely saw a nightmare.

She saw Sanskar staring at her and composed herself at once.

"You awake?" She said and came closer to bed.

"Just woke up! But why were you sleeping on the couch?" Sanskar asked.

"Nah! I didn't meant to. But didn't know when I slept while doing the work!"

"You look tired. Sleep some more!" Sanskar said while pulling her towards him.

"I can't! Ashna's school has diya making competition today. And I need to gather things for her which I completely forgot yesterday. But first you sleep! The more you rest, the more you feel better!" Swara said while planting a kiss on his forehead.

Sanskar smiled a little, "And what about you? What about your rest?"

"I will rest for sure! First you get better, join your duty back, then I will rest so much that even you will ask me to get up from bed and do some work." Swara said in a haste and pulled out a pill from the side drawer. It was a pain killer. She gulped it soon with water.

"You are having a headache na!" Sanskar asked, "At least for a little while take some rest. You are not well Swara!"

Swara opened her mouth to say something but stopped seeing a glare in his eyes. She just nodded and lie down on the opposite side of bed when she found his arms encircling her from behind.

"You do things for everyone. Let me do something for you." Saying so, he kissed her hair lightly and pulled her a little closer. Swara did not know when she drifted off in his arms.

Morning was chaotic for Swara. She woke up late and forgot to pack things for Ashna by herself. As soon as she reached downstairs, she saw Ashna ready for school but throwing a tantrum. She was yelling and crying at the same time, very age appropriate behaviour for her.

"What happened?" Swara ran downstairs as soon as she saw the scene.

"You are very bad mommy! You only care for papa and not me!" Ashna was crying at the highest pitch of her voice, " You did not pack my lunch box today, I wanted to have poori sabzi."

"But beta, see, bade papa has prepared so good pancakes for you." Adarsh was forwarding her a lunch box.

"And see beta, Dadi has made such a beautiful hairstyle for you." Annapurna said.

"No! My mommy doesn't love me. She knew that today was my diya making competition but she didn't packed my things." She was crying hard.

Swara took a deep breathe and came forward. Engulfing her in a hug, she signed everyone to be silent for a while. Ashna tried to free herself but Swara again pulled her in a hug. Slowly she calmed down.