Slave for Master

Greece's P.O.V

"Enter Lawrence White"
The palace guard shouted in his deep voice.
I fixed my suit and stood up from the waiting chair and walks straight.
A few years ago, this scene will never be possible...me...a slave that lose my citizenship will never have any business in the palace. But Im here now. People gives me respect, bow to me and flatter me. Thanks to that fateful day I met my master.

Lawrence White is the name my master pick for me after he returns my citizenship and remove the slave mark on me.

"You'll become Lawrence White. A merchant. All my business will be under the White Interprise."

"Why did you pick that name?" I ask.

"Its easy to remember."
My master is just 9 years old. He looks at me as if he has live more years of life than me. And he is wise. His ideas and how he innovates things amaze me.

Slowly, his small business become a huge thing and alot of trouble comes our way.

"Let's buy more slaves. We need a couple of people protecting the shop. Oh...Shadow guards. We need those."
He just nonchalantly told me to build him a shadow guards. Usually, they are called assassin. And I told him that having one means you are up to no good and if proven true, it can be use against him and become reason for the throne to persecute him as traitor.
Ofcourse all prominent family have shadow guards but its not openly discuss.

"I always want tonhave shadow guards." He said with a serious face. But Im not sure if he is joking since he often have a serious face and say something like 'I think worms look tasty right? Lets make candy that looks like worms'.
We did have candies that look like worms and a lot or children likes it. Ofcourse our customers often mid class children to the lowest class.
I told my master than to really become big.

We should start with products for the rich people.

He just told me that many poor children thinks Cocoro is sweet.
Its a bland treat that can be bought for a few coppers.

Since I become Lawrence White. I can eat three times a day and even though its not as lavish as the rich, I wont think Cocoro are sweet.
Also that's not what Im talking about.

He chuckled seeing my expression.
"They have nothing to compare it too. They havent eaten the expensive candies so how would they know if what they are eating is sweet or not. Its just worms. Let them have a taste."

'Just worms.' It sounds like he is belittling them but these worms arent made with real worms. How expensive are the materials we are using. And the technology to make those candies. Only Master knows how. It was not only tasty. It has unique texture and the blend of sour and sweet. I havent tasted something like that.

I bow and left.

He has a plan.

I told that to myself.

Or maybe not.

The sales of our product keep growing to a faster rate. While I was walking down the market. An old lady bump into me. We chatted a bit and she recognized me. She thanked me for releasing/selling quality products that are useful and cheap. She even weep a bit as she holds my hand tightly thanking me.

I feel like I did something good.
But this are all things my master did.
Still I feel like Im part of this good thing.

When I told my master, he smiles.
I want to tell him about the gratitude, how it felt and how fulfilling it was. To thank Master for giving me the opportunity to experience it.

"Let's start making items exclusively for the rich people."

Am I disappointed?
A bit.

But I slowly learned.
First, we need to get the love and support of the masses.
This will establish our position in the country.
We are new. We doesnt have much influence.
But with the patrons from the ordinary people. The power of word from mouth. Their good impression will give us the credibility of a well establish store.