The brand new, you? Pt. 2

The ride back to the apartment from the airport was so awkward. I hadn't seen Caleb in months... All I could think about was what He said, "Nate is missing.." I just don't understand what's happening. I don't understand what's gotten into Nate. It's been months since the engagement party... and it's been just as long as I seen or heard from Ari... I still can't believe she's dead! Most of all I can't fathom why I'm suspect #2. So what my best friend was sleeping with my man?!? That's not enough for me to kill her. Plus my juicy ass wouldn't look good in an orange jumpsuit, and that fabric looks like it'll give me a rash so not worth it.. I start to make a mental timeline of the events that occurred...
After I cheated and told Nate the night of the honors banquet he still begged me to marry him for hours until I said yes.
We announced the proposal to friends and family intimately and discreetly by sending out cards...
We then spent the next 9months of being engaged, lying, cheating, and arguing until we each burnt out. All While planning the engagement party.
Days Leading up to the engagement party Nate was so attentive and caring, I though he had stopped cheating at some point even tho Caleb was deep in me raw for days on end... I digress.
The night of the engagement party was a complete shitshow. This was the night I also realized Nate and Ari had been sleeping together... its unclear for how long because once I left that night it was fuck closure! I didn't care especially after everyone finally saw the piece of shit Nate was and the backstabbing bitch (r.I.p.) Ari was...I was content with both chapters of those people being closed in my life!
I remember fainting once Caleb pulled his gun on Nate...after that was a blur especially once I got home and started drinking. I do remember how the night ended with Caleb.
Nate and I arrived at the venue 30mins late around 5pm. The shitshow had ended around 7pm it took about an hour and 10 to drive from the venue back home with traffic. Plus having to order a car because we rode in Nate's car there and I'd be damned if I gave him a reason to see me the next day by leaving in his car. I made it home around 11 something. Caleb came over roughly around 1am. He was still wearing the same thing he wore to the engagement party. We spent the rest of the night and the next day together. Caleb was there when I got the news about ari. After then-
"We're here." Said Jessica as she pulled into the parking garage.
I couldn't help but notice how tense the car was so I introduced Jessica and Caleb. Probably would've been nice if I done that before I let a stranger to her get in her car but I was so shocked I couldn't speak once Caleb said what he did back at the airport.
"Nice to finally meet a friend of Kyomi, I was starting to think she was raised by a pack of wolves with no real friends or family!" Jessica says jokingly.
Caleb smiles a bit, "yea it appears to be that way honestly, but I'm happy to see her after months. Glad to know she's alive and well."
Caleb says while looking at me.
I continue to unload my luggage from the car. Just as I unload the last suitcase I notice Jessica and Caleb in an apparent power struggle over who's gonna carry the luggage for me. I roll my eyes as I take my luggage from them both and proceed to head up to my apartment. Their stares could've pierced through me if they had X-ray vision. Once inside my apartment I began to unpack and repack my luggage. Jessica comes over to me.
I yell from the bedroom, "Caleb make yourself comfortable I'll be right out."
"Okay, take your time." he replied. I closed the bedroom door a bit.
"Kye you just got here and you're packing for another trip?" Jessica says.
I didn't reply....
"Is there something I need to know? Does it have something to do with black Jesus that's standing in your living room?"
I chuckled because with those locs and that full fluffy beard Caleb does look like black Jesus.
I sigh.
"I can't speak on it directly to you without you getting caught up. Just listen to our conversation when I talk to Caleb." I said. "Can I please have a few minutes to get Myself together? Maybe you could get to know black Jesus since you're a nonbeliever." I said jokingly since religion has been debated throughout our span of getting to know each other. She smiled at me and said, "okay."
Once she left out my bedroom I rushed into the bathroom and turned the shower on to drown out me crying. My heart is so heavy. I'm not understanding why there are suspects in Ari's death when I thought it was accidental I just don't understand. My mind began to race a million miles. I feel the screams boil within me as i muffle them in the towel. I began to undress and step into the shower sinking to the floor allowing the water to cleanse me of the pain I can't endure much longer. Nothing is adding up nothing is making sense I think to myself while my once silk pressed hair becomes soft ripples. I shake my head trying to ease the thoughts. Why is this happening to me? I stand and begin to clean my body. Afterwards I step out to find. Caleb in my room sitting on the bed. Startling me.
"Jesus Christ!" I gasped.
"I didn't mean to scare you, your friend had to leave she said something about having to go to the hospital for something." He says.
"Oh yea Jessica is a on call pediatric surgeon. She's doing residency at the children's hospital a few miles from here.." I say while drying off.
"Oh a surgeon eh? Since when are you into people in the medical field?" He says jokingly.
I smiled.
"I'm not, honestly we're not together just getting to know each other and she's great she's safe..."
I said.
"That's good. I'm sorry this is how we're meeting on shitty terms right now but I'm happy to see you. You look great." He says. I smile as I pull over my hoodie.
"Thanks. You look great too!" I replied. My nerves are racing. While traveling I met this holistic healer that blended me my own strand of herbs to use whenever I'm stressed or overwhelmed. I walk to the bar where I pull out my little black box filled with my medicinal meds.
"Kye is that weed?" Caleb asks with the most goofiest look on his face. I grab a pre roll and laugh.
"It might be..." I said as I open the window to the fire escape and sit on the stairs. I proceed to light my joint as Caleb step out the window and sits beside me...
I inhale...
"This is what has been keeping me sane these past few months. I met a holistic healer while traveling and she put me on." He smile at me.
"Whatever takes the pain away beautiful I know you're hurting." He says.
I inhale again feeling the warmth fill my lungs. I feel my face getting warm as the pain drifts away. "Well are you gonna pass it?"
Caleb says.
"Since when have you participated in these kind of activities?" I ask while laughing through broken coughs, While passing the spliff.
He inhales and I see the veins pulsate through is neck and down his muscular arms. My eyes began to size him up. He's still the most beautiful handcrafted man I've ever seen. I bite my lips. I find myself admiring the man that used to be deep inside me. Literally. As my eyes slowly move back up his sexy frame... I reach his face first his lips that are just barely visible due to the soft fluffy beard he's grown out. Then up to his cute little button nose. Once I reached his eyes I realized he's been watching me watch him. "I've been trying to pass you your tree back for the past couple of minutes now.." he says with a smirk.
I shake it off and take the now unlit spliff and relight it.
"Sorry I was just-."
"Just what? Reminiscing?" He says.
I ignore it. I inhale and exhale while looking at the tiny bodies move below us.
I pass the spliff.
"So tell me aside from the reason you're here, what have you been up to these past few months?" I ask.
He takes a couple pulls before passing it back to me.
"Honestly once we fell out at the hospital and you withdrew from school i transferred back to my old college and finished my degree there. After then I traveled trying to fill the void inside me once you left. I recently started to find you once someone named Terry reached out to me asking for you. And once he told me you were a suspect I knew that wasn't at all possible...I looked for you always one step behind but this time you traveled with your location on posting to social media every stop you took. I knew you'd be flying back here today so I booked my flight and waited at the airport until your flight landed." He said. I finished my spliff...
"Would like something to eat or drink?" I ask while standing to climb back through the window into the apartment.
"Yes please." He said while following close behind me... I walk into the kitchen and prep for lunch. While pouring him a glass of sweet tea.
"Here you go I know the cotton mouth is real." I said jokingly. He takes the glass and smiles.
"Thank you, your holistic healer is the truth that's a great strand." He said.
His eyes are so sexy glowing red. I never thought I'd be lusting over Caleb while being high off some of the best tree I've had in my life! I feel her pulsate. This isn't the time...
I make us some blts for lunch and sit at the dining room table. He begins to eat and I can't focus because I'm so damn jealous of that sandwich! I want to be in his mouth right now... I sigh as I proceeded to eat my lunch.
"So when was the last time you heard from Nate?" He asks.
"I haven't seen him or heard from him since the night of the engagement party." I said through crews.
"This doesn't seem real, like I can't believe this is my life right now and I hate you were dragged into this shitshow." I said while standing to take my plate plate back to the kitchen... as I finish the dishes I hear my phone notification go off. I dry my hands and proceed to read the text.
* new text message from jess.
"hey sorry I had to leave. I got called in, you know how that goes but after work I have to fly home due to a family emergency my moms is really sick. Will you please go to my apartment and pack a luggage for me and drop it off to me here at the hospital? I'll be gone for 4 days and 4 nights. I won't have time to go home after work because I have to go straight to the airport." I hit the power button on my phone. "Is everything okay kye?" Caleb asks with a concerned look on his face.
"Yea everything is fine Jessica just need me to do a favor for her, will you come with me to drop off her luggage at the hospital? She has to fly back to Canada once she gets off work her mom has been really sick lately." I said.
"Yea sure no problem, and when we get back maybe we could make sense out of what's happening back home?" He says.
I nod.