Askew

So this horrific little do-dad of angst came to me in a fit of inspiration. Enjoy or don't I don't care.
⚠️major character death!⚠️
Tell me if I did good pls🙏

💚💚💚

Merlin's scarf. It was askew. Arthur stared at it. He had no room in his mind for the information that it was covered in blood. Or that the man it was on was not breathing.

It was askew. The one thing that was never out of place. The one thing that was supposed to be forever. His symbol of stability.

He reached out a shaking hand. His fingers grazed the material, until he finally willed himself to grip the thin fabric between the pads of his fingers and the palm of his hand. And once he had he tried to straighten the kerchief. As if fixing that one thing could undo all of the mistakes.

And once he had fixed the scarf his eyes trailed up. And met the dull, lifeless eyes of his best friend. They did not blink. They did not close. They stayed wide open. And looked as if made of glass, as if they were fake.

Then his eyes trailed up even further. Meeting with the dark brown fluffy curls of his lover. The curls now matted with freshly drying blood, and sticking up at random places from his scalp.

All of it. It all was wrong. It was convoluted. It was horrendous. It was horrific. Psychotic even. That this was the way things were.

And suddenly time began to move very fast, as before it had slowed to a snail's pace. And Arthur had not but a mere moment to stare at his.... His ...... Merlin. Before he was dragged away from the active battle field to safety.

💚💚💚

I apologize for any tears I may have caused.

Pls suggest anything you would like me to write in the comments. And have a wonderful day/night my lovelies!💚