Azhaipaayaa Azhaipaayaa? : 8

This chapter is a continuation of the previous work Azhaipaayaa Azhaipaayaa? : 7.

This is a pretty straightforward last Epilogue of this series, just a happy read. Hope you enjoy it.

Just a kind reminder: This is a work of FICTION. Only  the names of my main characters have been inspired by real life.

As always, there's a note at the end of this chapter.

————————————————————————-

AZHAIPAAYAA AZHAIPAAYAA? : 8

EPILOGUE 2

3 Years Later

Sivaangi sat on the couch mindlessly playing a simulated farming based game on her phone with the TV showing Simona Halep and Garbine Muruguza fight it out on a court in Roland Garros while her brother was finishing his case files for the day occasionally following the French open playing on the TV.

Having tackled his work, Arvind stood up saying "naan thoonga poren, I think you should too" eyeing the digital wall clock sarcastically which read 10.15 pm. Sivaangi hummed and continued harvesting the corn to make oil on the game. When she noticed Arvind still standing from the corner of her eyes, she looked up at him questioningly. "Poi thoongu Sivu. You can wake up once he is here, IF he is here" Arvind replied stressing on the "if". "Avan varuvan, Nee poi thoongu" Sivaangi replied going back to her game. Sighing Arvind pressed "Do you want my company?" to which Sivaangi muttered a plain no without even bothering to look up.

"May be you should at least change" Arvind dragged making Sivaangi look up at him to reply "May be you should stop hovering and go sleep" rolling her eyes.

As Arvind walked away, she quickly looked down to see if the fabric on her had crumpled. Contended she thought back to how her birthday had started earlier today, with his video call at midnight "Happy Birthday Sivaangi ma". Being someone who didn't like to make a fuss on birthdays, she smiled replying a "Thank you". "Evening 6 ku ready ah iru" he had casually worked it in towards the end of the conversation that morning. When she excitedly asked if he was taking her out on a special date or if it was just dinner, he had been tight lipped. When she had whined saying "give me some clue, I need to dress appropriately" he had laughed saying "wear whatever you're comfortable in. Just dinner". But hadn't she already picked out the outfit weeks in advance expecting him to spend time with her as he always did even with his crazy schedules, she wondered.

Only he had texted her at 5.30 in the evening, asking to postpone their evening by a little.

When her mother had asked why she was still seated on the couch after 6 pm, she said Ashwin was running late

When her mother had asked why she was still seated on the couch after 6 pm, she said Ashwin was running late. As her mother had brushed it off carrying on with her day, Arvind had clearly shot her a judgmental look before he focused back on his work.