En Arunthozhi: 5

This chapter is a continuation of the previous work En Arunthozhi: 4.

Disclaimer: This is a work of FICTION.

As always, there's a note at the end of this chapter.

Trigger warning : Grief, death, miscarriage

This chapter isn't proofread.
————————————————————————-

En Arunthozhi: 5

Ashwin had no clue how long had he been sitting on the floor clutching to the sides of the toilet seat throwing up with sweat dripping down his head. He dry heaved one more time with everything already having left his body and heart. He leaned back on the wall beside the toilet seat momentarily shutting his eyes. He felt a strong urge to throw up again. Quelling his urge, he patted his pocket to find his phone to make a call.

Groaning, he waited for Arvind to answer.

"Enga irukeenga", he spoke with his throat feeling dry and sore.

"Veetla? Getting ready to go to the match. Enna aachu?", Arvind asked.

"Naa varala. I am not feeling well", Ashwin spoke.

"Enna aachu? Udambu seri illiya?", Arvind asked.

"Yeah sort of", Ashwin replied hesitantly.

"You want me to swing by your place?", Arvind asked.

"Illa. Can you do me a favor? Can you check on Sivaangi? She's not doing good today. We happened to meet", Ashwin dragged not knowing how else to proceed.

"Paathen, neenga drop panninadha ", Arvind replied.

"Oh? How is she? Is she ok?", Ashwin asked panicking.

"Therila. She went in the room. Amma kettapo, Onnum Illa nu sollitu ulla poitaa. I didn't ask anything because I saw your car out front. Enna aachu edhum sandai ah?", Arvind asked evenly.

"Sandai laam Illa. Don't ask me more. But sanda Illa. Can you make sure she has dinner? May be if its not too much to ask, can you get her biryani and ice cream may be? Naa order panniduven, I don't know what's the situation at home, if it will offend athai or mama. Also if it's not too much, can you stay at home tonight? Just keep an eye on her May be? Sorry, ungala trouble panren", Ashwin spoke quite hesitantly.

"I'll take care of her. Are you ok though?"

"I will be. I have to go, naa appram call panren or just let me know after a while how she is, whichever works", Ashwin had reassured and cut the call before dry heaving again.

Holding on to the walls feeling slightly dizzy, he stood up and splashed some cold water on his face. Changing out of his clothes, he called one of his assistants.

"Naa velayaada pogala da. So if Manohar anna is free, Namma two hours la dubbing correction paathirlaam. Avarta confirm pannitu, call me back. Appram, Surya sir ku naalaiku 8.30 ok naa, patchwork complete pannidalaam. Can you coordinate and call me back? Give me like an hour or so and I'll come by the office and pick you up".

He mentally ran through his work checklist to avoid thinking about his own life.

Distracting him, his phone rang with Shobana's name on the screen. He let it ring without bothering to answer. He didn't have it in him to even think about his wife's miscarriage and definitely didn't think he could talk about it to anybody.

But a part of him, a sadistic part of him that wanted to inflict pain on himself wanted to hear the details. Walking around the room in circles for over fifteen minutes wondering if he could put Sivaangi through that kind of pain, he merely shot her a text.