Six

Facade.

"Hi big boy...how are you feeling?" Nicki walked into the room with gift bags. The tears on Jaylen's face made her heart hurt.

He's been feeling weak and tired. Being that he doesn't know what's wrong with him really, it annoys him. Since he isn't able to play how he usually does.

Sitting in a hospital bed wasn't the best for him. He hated it. This was his first hospital visit.

"Mommy it hurts to move." He whined. She sat beside him and saw that they were still draining. It made her question how long they would have to do it.

They said that he couldn't eat solid food because it would mess up the process. But Jaylen didn't like that. Only eating ice or popsicles.

Drinking water to get full.

His least favorite was using the restroom in a bottle.

"I know baby. We're gonna get through it..Just do what they ask and it'll go by quicker."

"I don't want to be here anymore. I want to go home with Jaila and Baby Nova. This hurts too." He pointed to the IV in his arm.

Onika pushed the button to alert the doctor, and soon one appeared.

"He's complaining about the IV hurting..is there anything you could do to stop it?"

"Because it's been in for about a week, it will be a little sore. There isn't really anything we can do about that because changing it won't stop the soreness...They would request to move it somewhere else. But he would have to be stuck all over again."

"I don't want another shot."

"Well you'll have to deal with this baby..I'm sorry that it hurts." Nicki pecked his head.

He sniffled and laid his head in her chest. Onika sighed deeply and rubbed his back as he shifted all the way into her lap. All she could do was hold him.

Even though she'd killed the cause of this, nothing felt better. Deep down she felt like she got nowhere. Her son was still hurt and in the hospital.

"Mommy why am I here?"

"You ate something you weren't supposed to babe."

"But i'm not allergic to anything."

"I know." She didn't want to tell him that he'd been poisoned.

"So how-"

"Jaylen please..."

"Sorry."

They laid there together and soon fell asleep. She hadn't been able to sleep at home, so she did so in the hospital. Even though it was no better there.

Waking up in the middle of the night to check his breathing. She was beyond paranoid. Because she knows several poisons that could
make you seem fine, then take you out days later.

Beyoncé was rotating between the hospital and home with the girls. They'd all slept up there twice, but it wasn't really cool for the parents.