chapter thirteen.

[ WARNING(S): ]

EXPLICIT: ANIMAL DEATH, ANIMAL ATTACK,

MENTIONED: MINOR DESC. OF INJURIES.

SUMMARIES OF EACH SECTION, COUPLED WITH THE WARNINGS, ARE LOCATED AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE FOR EASY VIEWING.

|

༶☆|

|

|1.

february 13, 2005.

The room is silent after your laugh, and your heart sinks into your ribs. "Shape shifters?" You whisper. He knows? Is your next one, but you keep it in your mind as you stare at Dr. Cullen.

Now that you look at him, it was hard not to see. He was odd too, wasn't he? His golden, strange eyes, the perfect way he looked. How all of his family looked.

"Yes, the shape shifter who injured you." He says, quietly. Searchingly. "My family and I are aware."

"You? Your family? Are you...?" The question slips out, even though you know the answer.

Dr. Cullen shifts his leg over his other. His eyes look oddly stoic, like he wished this was going any other way. "No, we are not shape shifters. Though, we are something other." He admits, and you feel your heart stutter in your chest.

"Other?" You whisper it, like the idea would go away if you were quiet enough.

He nods slowly. "Other. We are vampires."

You breathe out and begin to feel like a broken record with all the questions in your mind. You can't wrap your head around the idea. Hell, you saw Leah change, and you are still having a hard time believing in that. "Vampires. Like— Dracula, vampires?"

"Yes." Dr. Cullen sighs, but it sounds more resigned than annoyed. Like he was bereft of any type of hope. His smile lasts despite it, and your mind fires rapidly. Vampires and werewolves— shape shifters, he said. There's a difference. Leah and Sam are shape shifters, and all of the Cullen's are vampires. Edward Cullen, your sister's boyfriend is a vampire. You feel your body tense up.

"She knows?" You ask vaguely. Your voice wobbles. Luckily, Dr. Cullen understands who you're talking about.

He nods. "Yes, she's known for a while now. Edward exposed her to us early on."

You stare, processing the information. Dr. Cullen is calm, like he knew you were about to be asking many questions. His golden eyes track your face, and all you can think about is Edward's eyes, his teeth, and his cold pale skin. You think about Bella, and her big doe eyes and Edward's teeth sinking into her neck. Bella being hurt, and not being able to stop it because Edward is stronger than her, in so many more ways than you imagined.