Chapter 7- Surprise

Marinette pov-
A couple of days later, it was finally Jason's birthday.

He was turning 20. Damn, the little shit is getting to be an old man! I thought with a laugh as I was finishing up the leather jacket I was making him for a gift, and I had already finished his new Red Hood suit. Roy was building his helmet, and I was pretty sure it was done by now.

It was 1 am in the morning, and I was wide awake and blasting One Direction in my ears through my headphones while I worked out in the barn to avoid being walked in on by the birthday boy. I was planning on spending half of the day with him, a few hours having fun in the city, then go for a run and hunt in the woods, then give him to Roy, who said he had something special planned for him on top of their tradition, but he wouldn't tell me what it was, which made me suspicious, but I trusted the red head. I knew that JayJay was head over heels for him, and I suspected that the archer liked him back, but I wasn't sure.

However, I did ship the two of them, as did the Kent's. My heart wished that I could have something like that, but I knew it could never happen. Roy and Jay were something special, and I was envious of them. It made me miss my best friends, Chloe, Alix, Nino, and Kim. They'd been the only friends I had in Paris.

Anyway, Clark and Lois had bought him a new truck, Connor got him a new German Shepherd puppy, and Jon got him a new drum set, a few guitars, acoustic and electric, a huge book for writing music, and had completely decked out and decorated the music room in the barn with me for the 20 year old, also helping me put furniture and cool stuff in there.

The Wayne brothers had wanted to do something, and they all came up with a huge surprise for him, and they helped with everything for the surprise party that Lois had put together. The Justice League, Teen Titans, and a few other friends were coming with a bunch of gifts, and the JL locked Bruce up somewhere.

Hopefully Jay would like his birthday.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
A few hours later, my gifts were wrapped and stuffed under my bed, and I had snuck downstairs and was making breakfast, Jason's favorite- pancakes.

I was singing and dancing to my music, not realizing that I wasn't alone in the kitchen, and I was feeling like myself for the first time in a long time, since I was with JayJay on the streets. That was the last time I had felt at ease and safe enough to be myself without getting in trouble for it.

Living with the Kent family was giving me that safe feeling, and it was even stronger because I had Jason by my side, just like the old days. Jon and Connor were amazing, and they treated me like their sister, just as they treated Jason like their brother.

I went to Gotham Academy with Jon and his best friend Damian, who was pretty close with Jay from the past, and Damian's older brother Tim, who I knew was crushing on Connor, and Kon was definitely crushing on him. I smiled to myself. This whole family was LGBTQ+ (a/n- I am a strong supporter of this, and everyone! I have a lot of family and friends who are on this amazing journey, and I don't judge anyone. Love has no gender, and we love who we love, am I right?), and I loved it. I felt at home here, and I felt like I belonged.

That was one of the best things that one can feel.

I was only wearing black sweatpants, knee socks, and a Superman and Red Hood symbol shirt that I had made, and my long raven hair was in a messy bun. I also had a big cup of coffee by the stove, because I didn't sleep at all last night. I was too busy.

I put about 6 pancakes, eggs, and bacon on each plate, put them on the table, then poured cups of coffee, a bottle of beer, and milk, then started on the dishes quickly so that I could eat before the food got cold, still singing and dancing a little bit.