01.

"...our...ighn...your highness!"audrey's urgent shouts force you to wake up from your slumber, gradually you try to open your eyes but are greeted with the blinding glare of the sun.

"audrey, close the blinds. it's too bright out," your voice was still groggy from the sudden awakening but it was as refined as usual.

"I'm afraid I cannot do that, your highness."

"and why not?"

"today is the day of your 16th birthday. you will be officially presented to the world and entered into high aristocracy, you have not forgotten have you?"

"..."

"your highness?!"

"yes, yes!"irritated by the booming voice of your maid, all signs of grogginess leave your face, and with you allow audrey to lead you to whatever preparation was needed first.

audrey bromhan, the youngest daughter of count and countess bromhan.

3 years ago, the countess, who was your nanny at the time, was struck with a serious illness that prevented her from working properly so she resigned. after a while, she sent a letter of apology and news of her daughter coming to help you instead, as a maid.

at first, you were reluctant but you were sure that the countess, with her gentleness and grace, would be able to raise a child with a similar temperament.you were wrong.

unlike her mother, audrey was mischievous and aggressive. fortunately, she was not at all rude but generally gave off a strong impression. in the end, she was as competent as her mother and did well in supporting you.

after she had gone through the trouble of lathering yourself with multiple moisturizers and scents, it was time for her to put on your gown, makeup, etc.

how agonizing.

noticing the slight distress on your face, audrey broke into a big smile.

"it's early and we still have a lot of time. since it's your special day today your highness, I'll let you pick your hair and makeup. the dress, though, is off limits," your eyes jump back to life with her words, and immediately nod your head with a small smile on your face.

"It's decided then! what do you have in mind?"

with her cue, you tell her the ideas you had in mind for the day. it was something that made the day much lighter than it seemed.

...

"hm...there! how is it?"

wiping off the last smudge of uneven makeup on your cheeks, you look at the person you saw in the mirror.

your hair was down in simple curls with light pink adorning your cheeks and lips. today you opted for a pretty and simple look, you'd rather highlight your true features, rather than create ones that weren't yours.

you couldn't forget about the dress. in all honesty, it is most obviously the best part.it was a dress showcasing the best of the best materials known and unknown to the empire.it was an off-shoulder dress than created a slight v-line from your shoulders to your chest.

the whole outfit was planned more than half a year prior, why it took so long? the 6 months consisted of finding the best materials, then drafting and creating the dress itself.

( what i imagine the dress to look like )