07.

"she will be busy for the next few days so she will not be able to attend these classes. my lady, what is this favor she speaks of?"

you recall the time you were almost married off to a prince of another country but with the count and countess' help, you were able to escape without offending the other side.

another thing you held a grudge against subtheo.

he had not actively tried to marry you off but he did not try to deny the other countries' advances.

you were thankful of course, but you'd rather she'd ask for money, property, or business since those things were easier to give up.

not yourself!

"oh! there is one last thing! p.s. I made sure to let you take my schedule when he is not present so don't even think to decline..." seeing the informal speech used to her master, lianne pales and looks for your reaction.

she's surprised that instead of angry you look, troubled.

and she was right, you were very troubled.

this was the one thing you hoped wouldn't happen.

you tap your desk with your nail lightly then it becomes more spiteful, scaring lianne. she had no right to leave until you dismissed her so she stayed still as sweat started to form on her forehead.

it seems like countess bosgruni was able to notice...

ugh, whatever!

you slam the table and your poor secretary flinches at the sound.

"lianne, clear my schedule for those days. I...need to go prepare." you exit your office, leaving lianne disoriented but still able to reply with a curt, "yes!"

...

a small child was reading a fairy tale book in one of the rooms in the estate. she had black hair and similarly, black eyes, which were looking boredly at the contents of the pages in her hand.

"this book is so boring, how much longer do I have to read this?" she sighed, shutting the book close with a loud snap.

"just a bit more, your temporary teacher will arrive in a few minutes. it is also not too bad to familiarize yourself with the type of content kids your age usually read."

a beautiful older woman was elegantly sipping tea from a gold-patterned tea cup, her hair half tied up.

"oh right," her teacup lands on the saucer without a small sound as if she just recalled something important. "please don't be too surprised when you see her, it isn't polite to stare."

she raised a questioning brow towards her and closed the book, no longer caring if she were to be scolded, "why would i be surprised?"

...

"greetings to the sun of the empire. your highness, i-i didn't expect that our esteemed guest would be you." rupert fails to contain his bewilderment as he escorts you inside the estate.

the two knights that hadn't recognized you turn pale as they hear their superior's words.

you had used a carriage without any family crest so they stopped you from entering the gate, thinking it was a noble that came to harass their new lady.

you couldn't expect anything less from the guards of boleoti. you'd be rather worried if their guards weren't competent.

since it was an honest mistake and they did seem like they did not know of your identity, you held no resentment for them when rupert came running from the estate to welcome you.