extra chap 250(bedtime story)

TGCF Extra - Chapter 250]
The Demon King's Bedtime Story - Reading Material for Children
Hua Cheng was ill.
Although it was a small illness, but the fact that a demon king could actually fall ill, was very curious and unexpected.
As such, when Xie Lian returned to Qiandeng Temple, and went to check on Hua Cheng's handwriting practice as usual, but instead saw that Hua Cheng's face was slightly flushed, he was greatly worried.
After pressing Hua Cheng down on the altar – yup, just the other day, they both had a round on this wide and spacious altar; after all, there weren't any [god] statues – Xie Lian reached out a hand, and after checking his cheeks and forehead, grew even more worried: "That's really hot."
Hua Cheng smiled and said, "I naturally get hot when I see gege, and when gege touches me I get even hotter."
XL found himself at a loss, be he hurriedly pretended that he was in red in the face from exasperation, saying, "Your mouth is still so dishonest even when you're ill."
Hua Cheng innocently replied, "What did I say? I'm super honest. Gege, don't be worried, it's a small thing, no big deal."
But Xie Lian could hear how Hua Cheng's voice was lower and more hoarse than usual, and a small crease appeared between his brows as he said, "Then you should rest properly. I'll accompany you here for these few days, until you get better."
Saying that, he took the pen-brush, ink, paper and sand which Hua Cheng had been using for his
writing practice and brought them beside the altar. Hua Cheng patted the place beside him, saying, "Won't gege join me on the altar?"
Once he got onto the altar, he could forget about any rest for these few days. Xie Lian tactfully said, "I'd best not, my San Lang has overexerted himself already."
Hua Cheng said laughingly, "Nonsense, if it's gege, why should San Lang fear overexertion?"

Xie LIan decided not to play along with him anymore, and concentrated on writing out practice lines [for Hua Cheng to copy]. Hua Cheng turned his body around, propped his cheek on a hand, and stared at Xie Lian's face.
No matter how many times this happened, XIe Lian would always start blushing beneath his gaze. He said uncomfortably, "...... San Lang, look at the practice lines, not at me."
Hua Cheng sighed and said, "Gege, to be frank, my head hurts the moment I look at this trifle, but because it's written by gege, I can't bear not to look. Who knows, maybe this illness was caused by looking at too many practice lines."
Xie Lian said, "Since when was there such an illness."
Hua Cheng laughingly said, "How about I look at gege instead, gege looks so much better than
these practice lines, who knows, maybe if I look [at gege] more, I would recover."
Xie Lian found himself at a loss and yet wanting laugh, and he put down his pen-brush, shaking his head as he said, "Why are you even more fond of talking nonsense these days... nothing proper comes out of your mouth. Alright, I get it, I'll listen to you. Instead of looking at the practice lines, what should we do?"
Hua Cheng said, "Actually we don't have to do anything, I just want you to accompany me, it won't be long before I get better."
Xie Lian touched his forehead again. Although this person had a manly, handsome face, but the way he was acting cute and spoiled now, made Xie Lian think of a little child who buried himself beneath a warm nest of blankets in winter and peeked out with a red face, making the heart feel very fond. After thinking for a bit, he said, "How about this: just as well, I picked up this thing today."
He reached into his sleeves, and fished out something, saying, "This a an old, no longer wanted book I collected today, which I was about to read. Let me read you a story."
In his hands was a very old and small book, tattered, its pages yellowed, with the curious scent of books and ink. It must have been flipped through countless of times.
But Hua Cheng said, "I don't want to listen." Xie Lian asked curiously, "Why?"
Hua Cheng lazily replied, "After all no matter how you spin it, it's all stories about the other heaven officials, and I'm all too clear about their their useless and irrelevant doings. It's already nothing
worth listening to, why should I trouble gege to specially read them to me?"
That was true too. After all Hua Cheng was the man who best grasped the black history of the three realms [tn: ghost, human, heaven]. Hua Cheng said, "If gege must read something to me, why not tell me something else? Like, a story about you."
Xie Lian smiled, saying, "Of my affairs, is there anyone else beside you who is more clear about them, or who has seen more than you?"