Chapter 34: "I'm here"

My head was killing me

It was hard for me to open my eyes, let alone move.

I can't remember how I got to bed, but I don't really care.

I heard voices that seemed close, but I couldn't understand a word. The longer Itriedto come to my senses, the louder these voices became. I don't know who they are, but they might as well go talk somewhere else because my head is going to explode.

"I can't tell you for sure what it is. I've never seen anything like it. It must be some man-made substance designed specifically for this. I want to help you, but this is beyond my power." I finally recognized the words and the voice that belonged to the doctor who treated me once before.

"You can't somehow slow down those effects to give us more time to find an antidote?" Another rough voice, which I knew better. Killian.

"Anything I can give her will backfire on us and only hurt her. I'm sorry. I can try to find something, but by the time I get any results...it will be too late."

"How much time does she have?"

"I guess about..."

"Enough to shut you both up." I interrupted them, and with that their gazes were drawn to me.

I slowly supported myself with my hands and leaned my back against the head of the bed. I feel like I've spent all my strength I have left for just this move.

"I'll try to find something." Said the doctor, who immediately left the room with his black briefcase.

"What were you thinking?" I shifted my gaze to Killian, who was looking at me disappointed.

"If you're going to lecture me, keep it. I know exactly what you you want to say."

"You don't." He said harshly. "I can't believe it." He snorted. "I don't know who's more stupid. You, who didn't tell anyone you were dying. Or me, the idiot, who thought, you trusted me enough to confide in me about something like that." There was also pain in his voice. "I feel like it's me." He began to back up until he turned and walked out the door, leaving it wide open.

So that was easy.