ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝟝

Daphne's POV

Bella's truck roared into the parking lot, and everyone turned to her. I saw Bella parked, mortified. I walk up to her as she gets out." Morning Bella, ready for the day?" I say trying to get her mode up, she just smiles in response. I led Bella towards the school, and she slinked the whole way. " Nice ride," someone tells Bella with a smirk " thanks," she says as I pull her away. After she got her schedule, we looked at it, seeing that we don't have any classes together besides lunch, but I knew where her first class was. As we made our way through, kids stared openly at us. Of course, still being one of the new kids didn't help. A few brave ones said hi, they were all talking about Bella, and I could see she hated this. The constant stares were getting to her and I felt bad for her. I hear Eric making her way to us, as I turn to her Eric appears.

" Hey Daphne, you're Isabella Swan, the new girl, Hi I'm eric. The eyes and ears of this place just ask Daphne" she just looks over at me for a second then at eric." I'll see you guys at lunch" I say walking away. On my way to class, I bump into someone and get hit with the sweet smell of smoke, orange, and wood. I knew it was Jasper," I'm so sorry Jasper," I said as I bent down to pick up his books. "It's okay Darlin," he says in his southern drawl. It almost melted me. As we looked at each other, smiling at each other. Of course, getting stares from people. " Are you okay?" Jasper asks me, smiling, as he takes his books and mine from my hands. What a gentleman. " yeah, I'm fine, would you like to accompany me to my class" I ask, hoping he says yes, with that I see his smile get more significant. " I'd love to ma'am," he says slowly, reaching for my hand, which I let him take. We walk hand and hand to my class, getting lots of stares, but we don't care.

꧁𝕋𝕚𝕞𝕖 𝕊𝕜𝕚𝕡 𝕥𝕠 𝕝𝕦𝕟𝕔𝕙꧂

I got to lunch and sat with Eric, and them. Abigail whispers to me "I talked to Edward, and told him his mate is near, he wasn't really happy about it" looking at her weirdly. Why would he be mad? Jessica and Mike with their trays, come to the table, with Bella behind them. Eric appears and squishes into a seat next to Bella. " Mike, you met my home girl Bella," Eric asked him. "Your home girl?" Mike asked. "My girl," Tyler came up to Bella and kissed her head. He pulled Mike's chair and ran. Mike ran after him. "It's first grade all over again, and you're the shiny new toy, like Daphne and her family," Jessica told Bella. My family and I could hear the jealousy in Jess's voice. Bella smiled awkwardly. Suddenly, a flashbulb blinded Bella. She looked at Angela "Sorry, needed a candid for the feature," Angela told us Feature's dead, angela. Don't bring it up again, ''Eric answered "I got your back, baby ''. Why is he acting like that?

"Guess we'll just run another editorial on teen drinking" Angela sighs " sorry, there's always eating disorders or speedo padding on the swim team," Bella offered." Wait, that's a good one" Angela said. I could smell Jasper and his family coming into the lunch room, I looked at the door. They move through the room with effortless grace and take a seat at a table furthest from ours. Most likely for thirst reasons. Bella leaned over to us " who are they?" she asked " The Cullens" Thomas answered. Jessica heard us and leaned toward Bella going into gossip mode." Doctor and Mrs. Cullen's foster kids. They all moved down here from Alaska two years ago" Jessica explained to Bella "They kinda keep to themselves, until yesterday" Jessica looked at me and Maddie for that last part with a smirk, making us hide our faces. " Anyways it's only because they're all together. Like, together," Jessica continued. " The blonde girl, Rosalie, and the big dark-haired guy, Emmett."

I look at Rosalie and Emmett, smiling at them. Emmett gives me a playful smile while Rosalie gives me a wink. If I were a human I'd blush hard! " They're a thing. I'm not even sure that's legal," Jessica told us. " Jess, they're not related," Angela reminded her, " yeah, it's not that weird Jess," Thomas adds with Abigail nodding." but they live together," Jessica says Thomas and Abigail just give her a look. " and the little dark haired girl, Alice, she's weird" Jess continued, trying to avoid their gaze. I look over at Alice, she gives me a big smile and waves. I smile back as she looks at Maddie with loving eyes. They are both lovesick. "I saw that you and her taking a liking toward each other Maddie" Jessica smirks at her same with angela. Maddie tries to hide her face in Bella's arm, with our hearing, a little laugh can be heard by Alice, making her hide more.