𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 8: 𝓚𝓲𝓼𝓼

Yor's face then gradually turned red and hot as Loid's eyes stared at her with warmth.  She then quickly turned her back to him and placed her two hands on her cheeks that radiated with heat.  

"Y-Yes, good night..!", she then hurried to get inside her bedroom and quietly slammed it shut leaving a confused Loid.  

"...Eh?", Loid stood there in confusion as his hand that touched her cheek stayed extended.  He stared at her closed door and smiled as a faint blush appeared on his cheeks and he placed his hand on the spot where she kissed him.  

He then turned his back to her door and entered his bedroom where she sat in his chair and picked up the newspaper laying on his coffee table.  He opened it up ad began reading its contents, yet a tingling feeling kept arising in his chest.  He ignored it as his eyes skimmed over the newspaper, but the words didn't enter his brain as he reminisced the softness of Yor's cheek.

He reminisced how her red eyes looked up at him, looking at him with softness and shyness,  how she fiddled with her sleeve in embarrassment, how her eyes looked at him with surprise as he kissed her, how warm her cheek suddenly got, and how she bashfully fled from him.  Thinking about it all, he couldn't help but chuckle.  

When suddenly, he head a noise in his bedroom which instantly put him on guard.  He laid the newspaper down, crossed his leg and his arms, and waited in complete silence for that noise to arise.  He closed his eyes, cleared his mind, slowed down his breathing, and readied his body to act fast in case it was an enemy threat.

'Clack'

He then instantly opened his eyes and quickly stood up form the chair to hide in the space near the window.  Someone had thrown a pebble at his window.  'But who would do that late at night?  Especially at my window, it can't be coincidence...', he thought to himself.  He pressed his back against the wall and slightly peeked outside from the window.  

Down below was a hooded figure in a black cloak.  The person had another pebble in their hand and was about to throw it when it seemed that they saw Loid's piercing eyes in the darkness and dropped the pebble.  Loid then instantly looked away from the window.  'Shoot, did they see me?!  Are they here to assassinate me or attack me?!', he thought. 

"Psst!  I saw your creepy stare at me already so there's no use in hiding, Nightsky!", the person quietly yelled. 'Nightsky?', Loid wondered what the person meant when it hit him, 'They mean Twilight!'

Loid then lifted the window up and looked out at the person below when the person then lifted the hoodie and revealed themselves as Frank.  Loid then closed his eyes and breathed in relief, he had first thought that the person below was gonna be a problem, but he felt relief that it was not the case.  

Frank then proceeded to do weird hand gestures, weird gestures to anyone, but not to Twilight.  It was a form of code.  'It is time for the mission to begin....why are you still in your pajamas...?!', Loid read his code and saw the annoyance in Frank as he gestured the last bit.  

'I'll get ready', Loid gestured back to Frank and closed his window.  Loid then opened his closet and in the very back was a hidden safe that held all of his tools and uniform.  'I can't believe I almost forgot about Operation Sloth...', Loid scolded himself as he dressed in his black uniform.  

Operation Sloth was a small mission assigned to Twilight while Frank was his assistant and held important information.  The mission was about a well-known investor who seems to be collecting high money from others, but those people who lend him their money would always suffer from the consequences of his actions and always cleans any traces that lead to him.  A patient, yet cunning man, hence the name sloth.