Chapter 12 - Winning

The sorcerer was ready with his sling ring when you summoned your grimoire. A matched look of determination paired with smug eyebrow raises and smirks.

"Ladies f-"

You didn't wait for him to finish his sentence, summoning a few paint spheres and tossing them on either side of him. They shatter and take life, grabbing Stephen's wrists and restraining him in his spot. "What a gentleman,"

He glares your way, fingers twisting and forming sparks that dissolve the medium holding him. "It's the charm," he stretches out his palms once two shields formed.

"Unneeded advantage," the fallen paint from before starts to bubble, creating platforms for you to mount. Your boot lands roughly against his chest from one side to the other. While it knocked him down for a second, he recovered with strings of magic clasping his ankle and bringing him down against the ground.

Despite this move, you used it to your advantage, twisting it around your leg repeatedly, dragging him close enough until you had a hold on it. He was flung across the room with a single spell while you took a deep breath.

Then a portal formed under you, your body falling until it hit the wall across the room. You groan, feeling the bruises already form, "not cool, Strange," you pull the same move as earlier, getting to higher ground.

"Didn't know you wanted me to go easy," he chuckles but soon stops to defend himself. Shields raised, he deflects an extending dagger you drew from your belt.

"Shut-" you slice at the shields, "up," in these few moments of close contact, he could pinpoint when to attempt his next action. He twists his arms and uses a spell to deflect the blade from your hands. This left you both hand to hand, punches and blocks handed out left and right.

Side punch here: you knew he would be too distracted to realise your leg swung under, knock him down. Taken by surprise, he just manages an uppercut against your jaw, the sling ring cutting your lip.

"Oh shit," Bucky whispers under his breath.

Stumbling back, you place a finger on the cut, seeing the blood linger. Your eyes glow a dangerous way, your grimoire rising from the corner of the room and an unseen wind raising you into the air. "Alright, that's enough!" Tony yells over the comms, which snaps you back into reality.

Falling back to the ground, you land in a pose similar to Nat's. Slowly getting upright, you keep a glare on Stephen, stalking forward and summoning grimoire and blade back into your hand, face to face; he didn't back down at all. You stick your hand out, placing your book under one arm.

"Good f-" he shook your hand but didn't expect you to tug and knock him down, chest down against the cold ground.

"Good fight," you step over his body and towards the door, "thank you," two fifties were taken from Stark, who said he would pay to see you beat Stephen.

~~~

"Our pantry is more like a mini supermarket," Wanda opens up a door to reveal a wide range of food fit for every team member, "see every aisle as just for one of us,"

Peter's face paled, and his aisle was specifically labelled with his real name- "Don't worry, I got you," Pietro pats Peter's back, running through the market at full speed to replace everything.

"Woah! Spider-Man likes animal crackers? Cool," Flash writes down.

"Why are there so many pop-tarts?" One girl asks another when walking down Thor's aisle.

"We even have shelves for visitors," you point to Loki's shelf full of chocolates and every type of tea known. Other shelves included those for Carol Danvers, the Guardians on the rare occasion, Miss Marvel, Scott Lang, Valkyrie, Moon Knight, and even each defender; not that they visited often enough.

~~~

After the basics had been covered, the class made the decision to split up. Each group would explore a part of the tower more likely found with a team member in it. Of course, Stephen was left at a loss for such a thing. His usual spot would be the sanctum, but inviting a bunch of teenagers into a place full of magical relics would be one of the worst ideas in existence.

So, he was left in your hands, both you and him equally displeased with the idea. What could possibly go wrong? Babysitting a bunch of kids and Stephen would be easy. You did it every day, after all.

"Alright, follow me," you gesture for the group to follow towards the studio, unable to hold back the excitement and nervousness.

~~~

This is honestly just shit posting, I won't even lie to you

- Anna ❤️