TWELVE

Whilst Alex still obviously had a desire to be with Olivia the intensity had decreased. Looking back he realised that he may have been a little too obsessed with the idea. He liked talking to her, why did it have to be romantically? - of course he'd prefer if it was but he was content with the fact that they were friends, at least they were something.

They were all at Miles' house again. Drinking and watching movies. However, this time they had the addition of Arielle. Apparently her and Alex had really 'hit it off' and he had invited her to come along, though, she was meeting them there and he had offered to give Olivia a lift.

She got into the passenger seat as Alex smiled at her from behind his sunglasses. "Alright?" He asked casually setting off once she had put on her seatbelt.

"It's getting cold again." She told him her arms cold from the short sleeve tshirt she was wearing. He laughed and turned up the bear for her (he was wearing his usual attire of a leather jacket).

As they talked on the way there Alex couldn't help but admire the way her face was illuminated by the late August sun shining from behind her through the window, her green eyes shining bright and brown hair turned orange in the bright light. He smiled to himself before looking back towards the road.

Halfway through blade runner, which Alex insisted they watch when Olivia said she had never seen it, there was a knock at the door. Everyone like Arielle they just didn't understand how she was a better fit for Alex then Olivia. They all gave her a smile and made her feel welcome as she sat down next to Alex and they continued to watch the film.

When Olivia had told Alex not to replace her she had said it as a joke but it did kind of feel like Arielle had taken her place. She tried her best to ignore it but she couldn't help the bitter feeling in her chest when she heard them quietly giggling together in the corner.

"I'm just going to get a drink I'll be back in a second." Olivia told them as she quietly skipped over to the kitchen not wanting to disturb the people actually focusing on the movie.

Olivia felt insanely conflicted with herself and she had a hard time trying to decider her feelings. She knew that she thought Alex was attractive and that she enjoyed his attention but she had always been persistent on the fact that she never wanted to date him. So it made it very difficult for her to come to terms with her jealousy because she knew she had right to feel that way - she'd just have to get over it.

She had already been gone for about 2 minutes and still didn't feel like jointing everyone else again just yet so she stepped outside into Miles' garden.

She had never been a big smoker - only occasionally like when she was drunk or trying to get Alex to warm up to her - but she suddenly craved one due to the stress. Despite not being an avid smoker she still carried around a pack of cigarettes with her. She leaned against the outside of Miles' house her eyes closed, her head resting against the red brick, as she exhaled.

She jumped, her eyes wide and hand reaching up to her chest, when Alex said, "I was beginning to think that you had left." Alex laughed at Olivia's reaction. She sighed in annoyance giving him a glare before taking another drag.

"Just needed some fresh air." She explained.

Alex nodded, "Can I have one?" And Olivia opened up the pack so he could take one, he placed one in his mouth, Olivia absentmindedly handed him her lighter.

He instantly started coughing and Olivia looked over at him in confusion and worry. He took the cigarette out of his mouth looking at it skeptically and with a look of disgust as he complained, "This tastes like shit!"