Becoming Part 8

You look up from your work, as you watch Jim’s mom come down the stairs with a worried look on her face.  You furrowed your eyebrows in worry, as you hoped they weren’t discovered which you assumed they weren’t as she wasn’t freaking out. 

“Is everything alright there?”  You ask as you finish the last knot of the dreamcatcher. 

Barbara shakes her head, “Jim is upstairs in the bathroom having some problems with his stomach, he said it was food poisoning so I am grabbing him some medicine and water to help bring it down,”  She explains as she heads into the kitchen, and she poked her head back out.  “Would you like anything to drink or eat?  While I am still here?”  Barabara asks you with a motherly smile on her face. 

You slightly flush from embarrassment, and slightly cringed at the thought of Jim’s mom's cooking.  You admitted she was an excellent woman personality wise, but she lacked anything with cooking and baking. 

“Just some water please,”  You reply with a smile on your face to hide the inner cringe of yourself. 

Barbara nods, and then heads fully into the kitchen, to get Jim whatever he needed.  You turn around and stare at the floor, falling deep into your thoughts. 

Who the hell was the red haired person in your vision, you never met them before…or have you?  You were becoming more and more confused, and stressed.  As your brain started to have pressure on it and pain shot through in slight pluses.  You pinched your nose and squeezed your eyes shut, as you let out a small tear from the pain. 

As you tried to think and try to figure out who the person was, the more your head hurt and the worse the pulses became.  As much as you wanted to try to remember you couldn’t bear the pain, since it felt like you were getting stabbed multiple times in the least lethal areas and somehow are still alive.

“Y/n?  You alright there you look like you are in a lot of pain…”  You were snapped out of it, quickly turned towards the young woman standing there with glasses of water, one with ginger ale, and a pill.  Probably for Jim…

You quickly put on a smile, “I am alright thank you, want me to carry one of those?  It looks like you are slightly struggling,” You ask Barbara, since indeed did it look like she was struggling as she was trying to balance the three things at once. 

“It would be very much appreciated,”  Barbara said as she hands you a glass and starts heading back upstairs towards the bathroom. 

You followed behind, but your mind trailed off…What were you thinking about again?

“Jim, I have medicine and ginger ale.  Come on out,”  You both were standing outside the bathroom. 

“I’m fine really,”  Jim called out from the bathroom trying to reassure that there was totally nothing going on in the bathroom. 

“I’m a doctor.  I’m going to treat my own son.”  Barbara scolded from behind the door.  You were a little antsy in your place, as you were slightly swaying hoping Barbara would leave but knowing her.  She wouldn’t leave it alone. 

You could hear the nervousness of Jim’s voice through the door,”I just need a little….privacy,” 

Barbara put a hand on her hip, “You’re worrying me, and Y/n here is nervous.  Oh.”  Barbara almost spills the ginger ale but quickly catches it and looks away. 

A blue glow eliminated from the bathroom door, and you held your breath as you were extremely happy she looked away as the blue glow was very prominent.  The blue went away just as Barbara was looking back to the door.