Two? Let's make it three.

They both make their way down, and Naruto pulls out his bow, making a grin overcome my face- I think I feel Tenzo shivering in the distance.

Hayate calls for the match to start— as soon as he does Naruto fires his bow(he was able to put a small enough amount to make it invisible due to his practice) and so Kiba takes the attack looking confused.

It's only when he feels a piercing feeling in his stomach does he have an idea of what happened, he looks down gasping at the thin hole in his stomach.

Akamaru runs over to Kiba, whining. Kiba tries to keep fighting, but Naruto had already run over and was smacking him on the head effectively knocking him out with his hard hit.

Hayate calls the match and Naruto comes back up, beaming.

Kakashi raises his eyebrow, I believe this is his first time seeing the seal I made.

"Congrats Naruto, good fight!" I say, patting his back roughly.

Sasuke also gives a nod- Asuma, Kurenai, Shikamaru, and Choji just stare curiously-- Choji congratulates him a few seconds later.

We watch the fights, and I pay close attention to them, trying to gather everyone's weak points which I could exploit- if I had to fight them it would be important.

I flinch as sand wraps around Lee's leg.

Let's just hope we don't get paired against Gaara, yeah?

Agreed. Although my escaping experience is... quite strong, I wouldn't want to risk that.

Eventually Sasuke gets called to fight- against a kid name Yoroi.

The match gets called to a start and Sasuke jumps forward, fighting him using hand to hand combat.

The dude seems to be keeping up well -and he was... he was sucking his chakra?- so Sasuke activated his Sharingun and manages to get a good hit on his shoulder, making it fall limp.

From there, the winner was kind of a given. After he got out one of his arms he was able to take out his other, and then get him into a headlock while holding a Kunai to his face.

Hayate called the match, and Sasuke comes up to us-- there wasn't a smile on his face, but it wasn't in his naturally pouty face either.

Naruto and I congratulate him and Choji makes his way down for his match-- also the last match of the preliminaries.

I wince as they knock each other down. Choji falls to the floor after deflating, and the person he fought against offers his hand to Choji. He smiles and takes the hand- and I hear Hayate say something about good sportsmanship and he calls the match-- it was a draw.

We are then, all called to the middle and asked to pick numbers, that is who we'd be fighting against.

1 Naruto Uzumaki,  Neji Hyuuga

2 Kankuro, Shino Aburame

3 Sasuke Uchiha,  Gaara

4 Shikamaru,  Temari

When I saw Sasuke's name, I felt bad for him-- Gaara would not be fun to fight against. Then I tilted my head in confusion as I continued reading and did not see my name anywhere.

I take a step forward, "Uh, I'm not up there."

The Hokage smiled and spoke, "Yes, it seems you were not picked. We will pick a ninja to fight you, they will not be Genin."

Great, just what I needed. More high level ninja to fight after fighting Orochimaru out of all people.

I nod internally sighing.