Chapter 9 "Distraction"

Raven-

I've decided to stop what I've been doing with the Beast. It's not right so I've decided to look for a distraction from Beast Boy. Something that may help me..move on?

I knocked gently on Star fire's door and heard a cheerful "Coming!"

When she opened it she warmly smiled at me. "Hello Raven"

I scratched the back of my neck awkwardly. "Hey I need a favor.."

She led me in and ushered me to sit on the end of her overly pink bed. "Of course. What do you need?"

"I've been thinking.. maybe I should start dating?" She did a loud squeal and I squeezed my eyes shut from the annoying noise.

"Oh dear Raven such exciting news!"

"Right..i need your help finding someone. That's the thing."

She clapped her hands with sparkling eyes "Like one of the blind dates!"

"Sure"

——-

Starfire had arranged a blind date with a guy named Will. Apprently a good friend of Robins. She said nothing but great things about  him so I decided to trust her judgement.

She bought me, which I felt guilty about, a black dress that ended at my midthigh , the straps were slim and crossed in the back. Then she handed me black heels that I nearly killed myself in.

I left my hair the same as it usually looks and I made my makeup subtle and not to over the top.

She smiled brightly at me "My dear friend Raven..you look beautiful. Here I want you to wear this" She walked behind me and gently placed a gem on my neck and connected the chain in the back.

"Thank you Star"

I let out a shaky breathe. I can do this.

I walked out of Star's room and we walked out into the living room. Beast boy watched some movie while Robin messed with his phone.

"Thanks for everything Starfire"

She smiled "I hope you have fun"

Beast boy looked over the couch with a surprised expression

Beast Boy-

This movie was so stupid that it made me laugh. Everytime I tried to start a conversation with Robin he would just say 'yeah' or 'uh-huh'

"I hope you have fun"

Was someone leaving?

I twisted my head to look over the couch and saw Raven smiling at Starfire in a tight dress, she looked stunning.

"What's going on?"

I hung on the back of the couch as I watched Raven's face brighten and Star fire giggle "She is going on the blind date" She giggled.