chapter 9

Thank you to all those who vote for the chapters even if they are a few.

____

I froze hearing Ihsan's voice.

Another woman?

__

(Flashback)
May 2020, Texas.

The door opened with a beeping sound after I punched in the code. It was still early in the morning and it was the weekend, so Ihsan and my parents would be still sleeping.

I was spending the past few days in Mexico due to a vacation. I landed a bit ahead of the actual time. I decided to not tell my family. Maybe a surprise?

The weather was not cold or hot. Just average, giving a comfortable atmosphere. Hoping foot on foot, I went to my bedroom which happened to be right opposite Ihsan's.

No matter where ever you go, you will never get as comfortable as your home. The familiar smell gives my nostrils an underlying sense of fulfillment. The familiar sight of my home gives the eyes a taste of satisfaction. 

The small pathway to my room was lit with a dim bulb. Giving an orange hue to the light grey walls. Nearing my room, I could hear muffled voices inside Ihsan's room. At first, I thought it was Ihsan's and Sajid, her husband's voices. But I could easily identify my mother's voice. 

Whatever the conversation was happening inside the room, it was between my mother and sister. I wonder what they are talking about this early.

I was too tired to give the conversation an ear, so I decided to ignore it and take a nap in my room instead.

"She is beautiful. A perfect match for Ibru, right?" Ihsan sounded very excited and the words sparked my curiosity. "I can't wait for them to get married. Now, all it takes is to him to find her attractive. You did a good thing, Ammi, to search about them before telling anything to Ibru."

I froze hearing Ihsan's words.

A woman for me?

---
June 2020, Kerala.

The Kazi officially announced us as a married couple. Me and Wafa. I was over the moon. I never thought a woman could make me feel alive. Make me feel complete.

Cousins, families, and friends congratulated me. I smiled and talked with them but all the time I wished to be beside my wife, Wafa. I wanted to see her and share words. Share emotions.

I have never gazed at women. I mean not in a manner of you know... I feared Allah and I fear his words. He commanded us to not gaze at any non- mahrams and so I listened. I kept myself pure from all the evil temptations. I kept myself pure for the one! The one who I will marry and make mine in a halal way.

It was hard. It was really hard to not give in to the evil temptations yet I controlled myself with the help of my lord. And now, I got someone who is mine!

Shortly, when I was finally allowed to meet my bride, my heart couldn't stay under control. It rejoiced this occasion more than anything or anyone.