chapter 15

Do vote and support me!
Thank you to the ones who vote for my chaps. I am writing solely because of you guys.
__

"Thank you, so much, Mr. Floyd," I tell my superior, Mr. Floyd. I asked him for a half day's leave as I have to pick up my parents from the airport. I can't believe they are already here and two days passed in a blink of an eye.

"No problem, have a nice day." He says and I respectfully leave his office. He is been always so cheerful and supportive.
Stopping at my desk to gather my things, I make my way to the parking lot.

These past two days were boring but fun at the same time. Boring at the office and fun when I get to talk to Ihsan and Ali. No Ibrahim talks were done, to my relief and disappointment.

When I get into the car, I call Ihsan to let her know that I have left for the airport. She had asked me to report it to her, so she can report it to her parents. If, these things are new to you then know that this is how we Keralites live.

She picks up the call after a few long rings, "hello, Assalam Alaikum."

"Wa Alaikum Assalam. I'm on my way to the airport." I inform her at once. She is still in the company, it must be busy there.

"Oh, okay. Let me know after you fetch them. And call me if you need anything, Okay?" A smile made its way to my face, hearing her words. I got to know her better in these two days. She is so caring and a softie. Both her daughters are the exact opposite of her. They are naughty and cute.

"Sure. I'll let you know. Bye."

"Bye, drive safe."

I have linked with Ihsan and her mother. And the children. I am still scared to have a conversation with her father but we do a few basic exchanges.

It's better not to say anything about Ibrahim. We haven't met or something but whenever Ihsan face-timed me, I could hear some of his talking, 'I'll be back in a few.' 'Ali, aren't you sleeping?' 'Ihsan, where are my keys?' All these statements are in tones; abrupt and brisk.

I pull into the parking lot of the airport after a 15min ride. The nervousness is kicking me in hard. My palms become cold due to the anxiety. I ignore it and walk toward the arrivals. The plane must have landed.

After waiting for about 10mins and struggling with my nervousness and anxiety, dauntlessly, they come. I wave my hand at them, for them to see me.

Despite my fear, a warm and delicate feeling traversed through my body. My parents addressed me with heartfelt smiles, once they sighted me. Masha Allah. They hurried their strides toward me.

"Assalam Alaikum." I greeted them and hugged their spirit out. They greeted me back and I happily took their luggage, wheeling it to the car. "You guys must be tired. Let's go home and talk peacefully." I smirk internally remembering my efforts to make my apartment look flawless.

Even though they stayed in my apartment just after I got settled in, many things have changed. I added more decors and changed the blinds. Added some furniture. And remodeled the kitchen a bit.

"Yeah, I have got to pee," Ummi says making me laugh and baba rolls his eyes.

"You should have used the toilet on the plane." I know well enough that was something she will never do.

"Yew! That's worse than peeing in the park!" She exaggerates. No, she won't pee in the park. It's just us Keralites, she is grossed by the thought of many people peeing in the same toilet. Not me though, I can not control myself.

"I was grateful to God that she didn't pee on the seat," Baba says earning a light smack from Ummi. They are adorable.

During the ride home, we talked about everything, but Ibrahim and the alliance. I am thankful, anyway.