𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝟑

𝙒𝙖𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜: 𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙨𝙚𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝙬𝙞𝙡𝙡 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙖𝙞𝙣 𝙫𝙞𝙤𝙡𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙚, 𝙡𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙪𝙖𝙜𝙚, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙪𝙗𝙟𝙚𝙘𝙩 𝙢𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚 𝙢𝙖𝙮 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙪𝙞𝙩𝙖𝙗𝙡𝙚. 𝙍𝙚𝙖𝙙 𝙖𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙙𝙞𝙨𝙘𝙧𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣. (Please note, this book has not been proofread and may contain minor grammatical and or punctuation errors. If you find any please feel free to berate me in the comments. Thanks. ( ̄ε(# ̄)

31°46'03.0"N 35°12'40.7"E - Jerusalem, Israel.

In a swirl of red electricity, the jeep slides across the sand as Ezra slams on the breaks not to certain where they were going to pop up. Using ancient magic can be iffy sometimes, but Ezra is one like many humans who has adapted well to it, especially with Hera as a teacher. She knows spells and ways to craft them that no other does. She says that these kinds of spells are where Pagan beliefs came from, where the creation of the idea of witches started. She tells how the magic is really much older than that. She lives and breathes religious history as if having been through all of it herself.

Shortly, in the distance, a settlement comes into sight. It is an old army base from a time when America had military in the land. It now sets as a way station sorta town of spread out metal buildings having held up fairly well, and tents vendors and civilians have made homes out of. Some tents are small serving only the purpose as a shop, while others are large benders which hold whole families.

Because of the good condition the base has stayed in, its inhabitants have tried to take care of its defenses as well. Where the chain fence serves little help being bent to the ground and buried by the sand storms in many places, the large cannon like standing guns have made a pretty effective wall in its place. Among the civilians, there has even formed a small military mindset, where through generations of people, individuals have learned decent fighting skills against daemons and the monsters. It sets on display as this generation's soldiers stand guard over the guns the jeep passes by coming into the base.

The jeep drives through one of the gated entrances, slowing down so to take care through moving people. Pulling into one of the smaller bunkers in a more out of the way part of the base, Ezra brings the jeep to a rocking stop and sets it in park. "Home sweet home." Hera pushes at her door and climbs out as he grabs the top of the windshield and hops out over his. Stepping with a lean towards the front of the car, he listens to the creaking of the engine cooling down. "Those teleportations are starting to really take a toll on Mary." He looks up to Hera who's grown a more pained look on her face since arriving at the base. "I don't suppose you know a spell that'd get me a new car?" Suddenly the engine pops loudly making Ezra jump and rush to the hood. "I was kidding! I was kidding!" he spouts hastily while giving Mary kisses.

Dryly she watches him and replies, "sorry, there weren't things like cars when these spells were crafted." As she slowly turns, a jerk comes to her body and as though her will and all else inside is exhausted, she falls to a knee, resting a quick hand on the car to brace her.

"Hera?" Ezra calls coming round the front of the car to her. Looking her over and recognizing what's wrong, he reaches down for her arm to lift it over his shoulder and helps her to her feet. "Come on." He keeps a tight grip on her waist and holds her to him as he makes his way out the side door of his small hanger to another building across the way. Coming into the larger facility kept in a much neater condition than his bachelor styled garage, Ezra barks, "Doc!... Hey Doc!" Venturing deeper into the building, he sets her down in a chair in one of the frequent rooms he knows the Doc spends much of his time.