(42) Hiring A Bodyguard

Fang Xueruo thought that it was already bad enough to have the image she had worked so hard to maintain collapse and her popularity among the general public ruined. Still, she didn’t expect that it was only a beginning. Her agent called again with another bad news. A brand endorsement they were negotiating suddenly had a second thought just before signing the contract. The representative expressed their concern that Fang Xueruo’s image didn’t meet the requirements of their brands, citing the incident currently brewing on the internet. This endorsement was originally guaranteed, and Fang Xueruo’s proud fans had long shown it off on the internet. Now the job was snatched away by Xia Wanning, who had been suppressed by Fang Xueruo. She could imagine what kind of mockery her anti and rivals’ fans would make after this news came out.

There was more to that. Several brands that Fang Xueruo was endorsing were coming to say that Fang Xueruo’s negative image had affected their brands, demanding compensation to be paid for their losses according to the contract.

After hearing this, Fang Xueruo’s eyes became cold, “What did the company say?”

“The company is doing its best to protect you. We are now appeasing the brands, promising that this matter will be dealt with as soon as possible and to clarify the rumors on the internet.”

Chang Group was the major shareholder of Fang Xueruo’s entertainment company. Since she was the future wife of the Chang family’s young master, the company’s only choice was to do their best to protect her. However, it was not easy to quell the commotion on the internet, and the company had failed to do it so far. It was not easy to suppress this matter. Except for the people who were taking the advantage to fish in troubled water, there were two apparent groups secretly contributing to the flames behind the scene.

One of the groups was frank and open in their actions, so the company soon found who they were: Fu Yunruo’s fan group. What made it tricky was that some of those fans were not regular people. Even the Chang family had to be polite to them somewhat. When so many of such people united, not to mention the company, even the combination of Chang Group and Fu Group couldn’t afford to offend them. The company could only initiate negotiation and tried to make peace with the group, but these people refused to give face. All they wanted was justice for Fu Yunruo.

As for another group, the company hadn’t found out who they were yet, so no negotiation could be conducted. Fang Xueruo was sure that this group was from Si Yue. The agent was a little unsure. Si Yue came from an ordinary well-off family, how could he have such a great ability? In the agent and company’s opinion, it was more possible for the second group to come from Apple Entertainment’s hands. After all, the two entertainment companies had similar development models and were competitors for years, so it was not strange for the other party to seize this opportunity to step on them. The commotion was getting bigger each second, and the company’s public relations department could not keep up with the situation.

Fang Xueruo was still about to speak when suddenly the door was banged. She opened the door and saw the house’s owner. A trace of impatience flashed in her heart, but she still put on a gentle face and asked softly, “Is there something wrong?”

However, the usually kind and enthusiastic owner had a fierce look on her face at this moment. She yelled at Fang Xueruo with her rough, duck-like voice: “Get out! You are not welcome in my house!”

Fang Xueruo was stunned: “What?”

However, the owner was very disdainful to even talk to her. She quickly proceeded to pack Fang Xueruo’s belongings haphazardly, shoved her luggage out of the house, spat, and slammed the door shut. “Black-hearted woman!”

Fang Xueruo stood in front of the closed door, her face ashen.

“Xue’er!” Suddenly there was a shout from behind. Shocked, Fang Xueruo turned around and widened her eyes in disbelief. She couldn’t help but dash over and throw herself into the person’s arms.