ʀᴇᴀʟ ʟɪғᴇ

Isabelle is so tired. She's tired of the press the questions and even to some extent the fans. She misses the days before she was this popular the days she was just beginning her career in sports journalism. She hates to say it but maybe she even misses the days before she got into a relationship with a driver. At first the hate didn't bother her it was the occasional "I hate you" or "you suck" but ever since her and Lando broke up it's gotten worse, last night she had to console her mum for three hours on the phone after crazy fans had arrived at the door pretending to be a dominos delivery. It had gotten out of hand.

Her three hour phone call at midnight had resulted in her being unable to get any sleep meaning she was surviving on three Red Bull's and a Starbucks which her beautiful best friend June had gotten her, she had been extremely grateful towards her brunette  best friend as the caffeine had given her a boost of energy.

"Do you have my media pass?" She dug through her tote bag tipping it slightly towards the light so she could look for the lanyard and card carefully, they had been stuck in traffic all morning and finally were making a dent in the long lines of Grand Prix goers.

"Yeah, you left it on the nightstand so... I took the liberty of taking it for you here." June handed her the lanyard offering her tired best friend a sympathetic smile.

"Thanks." She took a quick sip of her Red Bull grabbing her concealer deciding to finish her makeup.

"Hey how's your mom holding up after last night? It must be pretty scary." Isabelle couldn't help but cringe at the thought of crazy Lando fans outside her childhood home pestering her parents for info on her and Lando's relationship.

"Fine I guess, I told her they wouldn't come back and if they did she needs to call the cops, it's honestly so much like it's one thing to mess with me but my parents? That's another level of low." She knew not many people liked her and Lando's relationship , when they were together most people assumed that she was using him for her own personal gain but she knew it wasn't like that, she loved him she really did until he did what he did.

"Maybe you need to talk to him? Ask him to release a statement telling his clearly deranged fans to cut it out." June was a confrontational person and Isabelle wasn't that's what made them best friends, she already struggled to talk to him during regular interviews and now she had to muster the courage up to text him for the first time in six months telling him to calm his thousands of "wives" down?

"Yeah no I'm not doing that." She watched as the driver pulled into silverstone her nerves suddenly kicking in, today she was in charge of the drivers press conference, one that just happened to involve Lando, and even though they had promised to not let their work relationship and private life gel it was really hard not to feel hurt every time she saw his face appear on the jumbo screens on track or when she had to interview him after a race.

"Did the concealer hide the bags well?" She turned to June watching her friend inspect the makeup.

"Yep you look great now c''mon before we actually get fired." They hopped out the van walking side by side, the lines had already started pouring in even though it was a Friday, and she caught a few people catch sight of her whispering and trying to muster up the courage to walk up to her some even taking a sneaky picture or two.

"Sorry! But Isabelle can I please have a picture?" A fairly young girl wearing a Mclaren t shirt came up to her a phone in hand and a nervous smile, even though she was late for her morning briefing she could spare a few seconds for a fan.