Chapter 5

I do not own Harry Potter or the Vampire Diaries

Damon had stilled as he heard the familiar crying, he's held her many times when she was upset before and he would remember that sound anywhere. He swallowed as he looked towards the huddle of people surrounding someone, it had to be her. They called her J, the woman called her Willow, her name was Jade Willow Potter Salvatore. Who else could it be?

His suspicions were confirmed when the girl swore that vow using her name, Jade Willow Potter, he knew that the spell would still work because they weren't related by blood so removing Salvatore wouldn't have made a difference. Jade had taught him as much of the wizarding customs as she could so that he could understand her world better and he rather liked their talks. She tried her best to share as much as she could with him but he was pretty sure that she left a few things out, for his sake of mind or hers, he didn't know, but he knew that there had always been things that she didn't tell him.

His thoughts were pushed aside when he got a glimpse of her face when she hugged the girl, the others had moved away to give them some space thankfully so he could finally see her. He froze as soon as his eyes rested on her form, she looked worse than any other time she had come home, even after her Godfather had died. His eyes roamed her matted hair, the blood leaking from wounds across her face, and the desperate way she was clutching onto her friend sobbing harder than he had ever heard in his life.

He felt his heart clench and break into pieces as he watched his beloved daughter break down and he couldn't stop himself when he vamp sped right in front of their huddle and said, "Jade?"

Jade immediately stopped crying as she looked up so fast that the others had barely seen the movement of her head. Her teary eyes widened when she saw who was standing in front of her and the next thing everyone knew was that one second she had been in Luna's arms and the next had been in the guy's behind her. Jade had literally made a run for it as she jumped into her dad's arms who held her as if she were some fragile doll and she couldn't stop the cry that tore from her throat, "Dad!"