23 : fights and tension

— Everleigh

Sasha was acting weirder than normal

Sasha was acting weirder than normal. After we ate breakfast in silence, he wanted me to join him at the gym. It wasn't too bad of an idea seeing as I really wanted to work on my body. I wasn't mad about how I looked, it was just that my stomach bulged out a little more than I preferred. It always looked so good on other girls, but for some reason, it always made me insecure.

The only issue with going to the gym was that I didn't exactly have any clothes. The only clothes I had belonged to Sasha. They didn't even fit me, much less scream 'work out.' However, none of that stopped Sasha.

He still forced me to go to the gym with him even with the sweats that went dragging on the ground with every step I took. Not to mention, the extra large t-shirt that touched my knees.

I looked like a hot mess while Sasha resembled a Greek God. He had a compression sleeveless top that he folded up into a crop top only to reveal his delicious abs. Not to mention his long briefs that barely peeked underneath his shorts. His legs were loaded with muscles and his tight underwear helped prove it.

The gym wasn't too far from where Sasha stayed. It was literally a couple of blocks away. We hadn't been in his car for longer than five minutes before we parked along the curb right in front of a gym. Graffiti covered the walls and if I hadn't known our destination, I wouldn't have even believed it was a gym.

Sasha got out the car and walked around to open the door for me. Once I was out, he shut the door behind me and began to lead me into the building. The moment he pulled the glass doors open, loud music danced into my eardrums as grunts and smacks could be heard from the center of the gym. Two people were in a ring, one was throwing punches while the other kept padding on their hands to block every punch.

There was also an area that had a wall covered with dumbbells and a floor-to-ceiling mirror. Chairs were lined up along the wall, ready to be used. There were also areas for squats, deadlifts, power cleans, chest presses, and shoulder presses—every kind of exercise for any kind of body part.

It wasn't exactly what I imagined when thinking about a gym, but in some ways, it was better.

"Sasha!" the man with padding on his hands exclaimed. He removed them and went for a remote where he turned down the music. There was a big smile on his face as he stepped down from the ring. He made his way over to us where he embraced Sasha in a hug just before turning to me.

He was very short—probably about my height. He couldn't have been no more than fifty, but despite his age, he still looked really fit.

"Who's this?" he asked Sasha.

"Uh, a good friend of mine, Everleigh," Sasha introduced. The man laughed joyfully as he pulled me in for a hug as well. I glanced at Sasha awkwardly as I reluctantly patted the man's back.