TWENTY-EIGHT

- CHAPTER 28 -

❝What's wrong G?❞

What's wrong G?

Hogwarts, Seventh year.

JAMES POTTER HAD BEEN worried about Grace Valdez, to say the very least. The girl had been thinking too much about her brother, and how he must have been suffering while on the other side.

Even though Theodore Nott had been anything but helpful to the girl, he was still her brother after all. And that was what James Potter had hated the most. To see Grace be so distressed, so upset for someone like Theodore, she had deserved a lot better.

"I'm sure he's fine G, he's stronger than you think."

"I-I don't know James, i'm scared."

The war brewing upon them did not help, and even though the boy had not shown it, he himself was very scared of the future and of the war that had happened so suddenly.

The Slytherins had also made it their full time job, to pester the girl as much as they could. They were all aware of her reality now, about her past and who she really was. It was a shocker to most, and a blessing to some.

Most of the sacred twenty-eight had found the situation interesting, something that had brought a little excitement in their lives. Everyones mission now was to get a glimpse of the girl, to see what she had actually looked like.

"Your brother is the Lord's favourite, did you know Avery?"

"Piss off Mulciber, leave me alone!"

Grace Valdez was in a dark state of mind, one she could barely escape. The only thing keeping her going now was James, and thank Merlin for that.

James Potter had been like an angel sent from heaven, always by her side even when no one else had. Bringing her whatever she had asked for, or holding her without any questions asked, James had always known what to do, what to say.

"I got you soup, it will help you warm up."

"How did you know i wanted soup?"

"Magic."

The boy held her hair back, while blowing soft air on the soup to cool it down. Feeding her with his own hands had become a habit of his, one he had loved immensely.

To be able to feed her, much more than she had fed herself, James Potter would do it a million times over if he was told to.

"Careful, it's hot," the boy said while cooling it down.

Grace took his hand away from the spoon and held it closely to her chest. James Potter had her wrapped around his fingers, and vice versa.

"I love you James," the girl said tearfully.

"What's wrong G?" he asked with worry.

For the past few days, Grace Valdez had thought that just like everybody else in her life, James Potter was bound to leave her soon too. Even though the boy had loved her very dearly, nothing could stop the horrible thoughts that linger in her mind.

Thats how she had been, from the very beginning, up until now.

"Please, stay."

"I'm not going anywhere Grace, don't worry about it."

The boy had loved taking care of his girlfriend, so much that him and the Marauders had barely talked for the past month. It wasn't intentional, he knew that the Marauders had eachothers backs.

But Grace? Grace only had him, and he had vowed to protect her no matter what.

The Marauders were proud of him, to see their best friend be so responsible, so caring, and so protective over the girl, they had never imagined to see him like this ever before.

But now, watching him do all the things he had never done, the Marauders had felt like proud parents watching their child grow up.

"Aren't you tired Prongs?" asked Remus Lupin.

"No, m'fine," the boy replied with a yawn.

James Potter had been so busy with everything, including the upcoming exams for the seventh years, that he had barely slept. He was tired, that was for sure. But only a few more days, and then he'd be free.

Another year at Hogwarts was about to pass by, only this time, they would not return. All these halls of Hogwarts, these grounds that they had walked on, it would only remain as a memory. Not just for them, but for the people of Hogwarts as well.

It was time for the Marauders to leave, and they were not coming back.

"Grace! You've got a letter, only says T.N at the top."

A / N : writing a new Remus fic, which im very proud of, hope you guys check it out once its done!<333