𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙤.

"𝙉𝙤. 𝙉𝙤, 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙝𝙞𝙢. 𝘼𝙣𝙮𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙝𝙞𝙢,"

Unknowing to Viserra, in the middle of the night Laenor slipped out of the iron grip that she held on him. He fled Driftmark with Ser Qarl as soon as the sun rose.

"Viserra, Darling, wake up," Rhaenys shook Viserra gently causing the girl to stir in her sleep. "My darling, please."

"Yes, grandmother?" Viserra yawned as she rubbed her eyes. Once her vision cleared she noticed both her grandparents sitting in front of her with looks of dread written across their faces. Viserra's mind was led back to her conversation with her father last night. "No."

"Viserra, it's about your father," Corlys started.

"No. No, not him. Anyone but him," tears started to fill Viserra's eyes.

"Honey, I'm so sorry," Rhaenys pulled the girl into her embrace.

Viserra whimpered out, "How?"

Though Laenor warned her about this last night, she questioned what if they did get to him. Would she ever see her father again? Only a matter of time could tell now, but what was she supposed to do until then?

"He was found in the hall, charred in the fireplace," Corlys muttered as he wrapped his arms around his wife and granddaughter's sobbing figures.

"They did this," Viserra cried. "They killed him."

Corlys tried to reason with her, "Viserra, no one could have possibly known."

"No. They did this for their own selfish reasons because I was named heir. They mean to kill me next."

"We would never let anything happen to you," Rhaenys shushed her. "Do you understand?"

"Yes."

¯'*•.¸,¤°'✿.。.:.:*:☆:*:.:.。.✿'°¤,¸.•*'¯

"Viserra, come walk with me," Alicent said as she passed Viserra and Aegon in the corridor.

"Yes, Your Grace," Viserra pecked a now sad-looking Aegon on the cheek and promised him to catch up after the walk.

"I heard about your father. You have my deepest condolences, I could never imagine such loss at your age," Alicent spoke out as they both walked out on the shore near to the water. Viserra felt that her words weren't only about losing Laenor, but more about what happened with her mother.

"Thank you, Your Grace," Viserra responded.

"No more titles, Viserra. You are to marry my son soon it is only right if you call me Alicent," The Queen smiled warmly at her. "Now recalling to it, I never had the chance to properly thank you."

"What for?"

"For what you did for Aemond. He told me how you rushed to try and save him. You were not even involved in their petty arguments, but you still went to defend Aemond. Even getting hurt in the process, that is something I will never be able to repay you for," Alicent admitted to Viserra.

"But I failed?" Viserra questioned in regret believing if she was a second faster in her movements Aemond's eye could have been saved.

Alicent stopped in her tracks and pulled Viserra by her wrist into a hug. It had been so long to feel a motherly embrace that wasn't Rhaenys that Viserra practically melted in Alicent's arms.

"It does not matter whether you failed or not, my dear. It is the fact that was your first instinct of what to do. From the moment Aemond told me that, I knew I can always be able to trust you to do what is best for them," Alicent explained to her. "They are stubborn, my boys."

"I would do it all again if it meant your sons would be safe," Viserra claimed.

"Oh, my darling girl, you do not know how thankful I am for you being in their lives. Aegon absolutely loves you with his very being, and Aemond looks up to you," Alicent told her. "It was torture for Aegon when Rhaenyra moved your family to Dragonstone."

Viserra tensed in her arms after Alicent said the word family. She broke away from Alicent with a small smile.

"That boy is full of complaints," Viserra laughed. "The letters he would send me were just filled with him telling me how bored he was."

"Sounds like Aegon," Alicent breathed out a small laugh.

¯'*•.¸,¤°'✿.。.:.:*:☆:*:.:.。.✿'°¤,¸.•*'¯

"Okay, we will visit you in a few moons, so do not grow up too much yet," Rhaenys smiled at Viserra tucking a loose piece of her hair behind her ear.

"We are always a raven away if you ever need us for anything," Corlys reminded Viserra as he pulled her into a hug. "I mean it, Viserra. Anything."

"Yes, Grandfather, I know," Viserra laughed.

"Corlys, quick smothering the girl or she might not even make it back to King's Landing at this rate," Rhaenys joked.

"Oh, hush, you two," Corlys shushed them.

"Be careful when you are riding Silverwing back, always be-" Rhaenys started.

"Loud and clear, I know," Viserra gave a small bittersweet smile remembering the way Laenor would always remind her about being loud and clear with her commands before riding Silverwing.

"I will never understand how you two do not get sick from flying that high in the air," Corlys gave a small shiver as he thought about dragon back.

"I will never understand how you are willing to wait that long on a ship to get to places," Viserra countered.

"Oh my-" Corlys sighed. "Viserra, you tell me if that Aegon boy is causing you any trouble alright?"

"Yes, of course," she replied. "That's only if I don't get to him first."

"That's my girl," Corlys smiled.

"Okay, be safe out there, and we love you," Rhaenys told the girl.

⌜𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐚 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐬!⌟

little filler but gotten give our girl, viserra some depth before going to her relationship with aegon!