Chapter 27

It was getting late now so both Shadow and Sonic went home. They'll be seeing both Scourge and Fleetway at the green hedgehog's house tomorrow. Shadow room Sonic home first for safety reasons.

"I'm so glad that it's the weekend tomorrow." Sonic said as Shadow agreed.

"Yeah. I'm getting tired of school." Shadow groaned as Sonic laughed softly.

"We're all tired of it." Sonic smiled as he hugged Shadow's arm which he didn't mind and let his uke hug him.

Both can't wait for summer vacation to hang out more and possibly go on dates.

"Sonic, once you're home, I want you to go straight to bed and sleep, okay?" Shadow said as Sonic looked at him in confusion.

"Why?" He asked curiously.

"Well, first it's almost 11 pm and second, I love you and you should go to sleep." Shadow said.

That made Sonic laugh and kiss his cheek but nodded.

"Sure but you too, you know." Sonic said as Shadow chuckled.

"Yeah, yeah." Shadow agreed with a smirk.

The two finally made it to Sonic's house and Shadow let Sonic go as he walked to his home. He entered and saw Tails studying in the living room with Knuckles, who's having trouble with science.

"I'm back." Sonic said as the two looked up to him.

"Wow, took you both long enough. What were you two even doing?" Tails smirked teasingly.

Sonic blushed at that and crossed his arms with an unimpressed expression while Knuckles was looking at the two in confusion. Does Tails know something that he doesn't?

"We were only visiting a friend, Tails. Stop thinking about naughty stuff." Sonic scolded him before sighing and went to his room.

He opened the door and entered his room before closing it. He practically collapsed on the bed on his back and stared up at the ceiling.

"Shadow's right. I should really go to sleep." He said tiredly and went up to turn off the light.

But before he can even touch the light switch, he hears his phone vibrate, indicating that someone is calling him. He went to the desk and saw that the caller was... Shadow? He was confused as to why Shadow would call him especially when they were just together a few hours ago.

He shrugged it off and answered the call while ignoring that bad feeling in his gut.

"Hello?" Sonic answered.

"Sonic, can you come outside?" That made Sonic blinked. What?

"Wait, aren't you supposed to be back at your house right now?" Sonic questioned in confusion.

"Just look through the window. It's just me."

Sonic slowly went to the window and opened the curtains slightly to see that 'Shadow' was outside and waiting for him.

"Okay." Sonic said in confusion before hanging up.

He can already tell that both Tails and Knuckles were in their rooms so the house was quiet now aside from the snoring from Knuckles' room. He went down stairs and unlocked the front door and came out to meet 'Shadow'.

"Is there something important that you need to tell me?" Sonic asked him in confusion.

"Just come here." 'Shadow' gestured for him to come closer.

"You said that I should go to bed." Sonic whined tiredly.

"This will only take a few seconds." 'Shadow' sighed.

Sonic was hesitant but walked closer to 'Shadow' when he grabbed his hand in a rather harsh way which made Sonic yelp in pain.

"Ow! Shadow!" Sonic whimpered in pain.

"Sonic, I hope you don't mind if I take you to Bryan, do you?" 'Shadow' said with a smile.

That made Sonic gasp in shock. He's really confused on how 'Shadow' was acting and it's scaring him and the grip on his hand was getting tighter and tighter and he could feel his wrist starting to hurt and he whimpered again.

"Shadow, I thought that you don't like Bryan and I shouldn't even be near him! What's wrong with you?!" Sonic questioned in panic.

"Sonic, come on." 'Shadow' said as he tugged on his arm.

But Sonic kept his feet glued to the ground so 'Shadow' wouldn't pull him and it somehow pissed 'Shadow' off before he sighed.

"You trust me, don't you?" He asked.

"Shadow, of course but this isn't like you." Sonic said with a frown.

'Shadow' leaned in and kissed Sonic on the lips which startled him. Sonic was still confused about all of this and how he's acting. Why did he come back only to force him to come with him to see Bryan and now he's kissing him?

'Shadow' then pulled away, smirking at him.

"Come with me, okay?" He said seductively and used his other hand to hold Sonic's chin up.

This made Sonic blush madly and nodded. He instantly forgot everything that's wrong about 'Shadow' and went with him unaware of the danger and ignored how much his head was screaming at him that something wasn't right.

The next day...

"Yeah, I'm already at Scourge's house now!" Fleetway said happily.

"That's great news." Shadow smiled as he had his friend on video call.

It was already morning and Shadow was in Mephiles' room with Silver and Mephiles so they could see Fleetway as well.

"What about Silver? When are you going home, Silvy?" Fleetway asked as Silver laughed.

"Just don't call me Silvy. Maybe later tonight? I still wanna be here." Silver said as he covered himself with a warm blanket Mephiles gave him.

"Actually, Silvy is kinda cute." Mephiles chuckled.

"You did not just say that." Silver groaned but a smile was on his muzzle.

"You better take care of Scourge now. He really needs you." Shadow told him as Fleetway nodded.

"Yeah, I better go now. See ya."

"See ya." Shadow smiled before they both hung up.

"Hey, don't you wanna go out with Sonic today? It's the weekend." Mephiles asked as he looked at his friend.

Shadow stood up and stretched before looking at Mephiles who's sitting on the bed.

"I was planning to but I figured that he might still be tired from last night and that he should sleep a bit more back home today." Shadow said as Mephiles nodded in understanding.

After Shadow said that, his phone suddenly vibrated. He picked it up to check who it was, only to see that got a picture from an unknown number.

Suddenly feeling a sense of dread, he hesitantly opened the picture before gasping in horror and shock when he saw who it was in the picture. Both Silver and Mephiles saw his expression and got worried as Mephiles got up to see what was wrong.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Mephiles asked.

Shadow's eyes seemed to have changed into a bright fiery red that he didn't answer but he moved his hand around to let Mephiles see his phone and the picture that the unknown sender sent.

Mephiles covered his mouth in shock and horror at the picture.

Sitting on the ground was Sonic but the state he is in shocked him. His hands were bound together by a rope attached to the wall and his face wasn't seen since Sonic's head was facing down and the picture was taken by the person while standing but they could clearly see the bruises and cuts from his head all the way to his body. There was a message and it said 'I warned you. You'll regret this.'

Already knowing who it was, Shadow let out a dangerously growl as his eyes started to become a bright red out of pure rage.

"BRYAN!!!"