Chapter 18

Waking up to the sun peeking through the curtains, I rolled over to see Matt sleeping peacefully next to me. I lay next to him and ran my fingers through his hair.

"Are you having fun creeping on me?" He asked.

"Maybe I'm just figuring a way to push you out of bed." I innocently stated with a smirk.

He looked shocked and quickly rolled himself on me and began tickling me. Then, as I tried to push him off between the laughter and tears, he leaned down and gave me the most passionate kiss I'd ever received. When we finally pulled apart, I said, "We should probably get up and get dressed. Weren't we going to Blood Moon today?"

He agreed and rolled off me and out of bed to pick out clothes for the day. As he took a shower, I went into the closet to find clothes. Finally, I settle on a pair of jeans, a button-down purple shirt, and hiking boots. Once dressed, I walked over to the window to check out the day.

It was a beautiful day, the pups were playing in the yard, and a few elders were sitting in the backyard Gazebo, drinking coffee and talking. Suddenly I have that eerie feeling of being watched again. I look up into the woods and see a man standing there, watching everyone. Deciding to check this out, I grab my daggers and head downstairs, and I quietly circle the woods in hopes he can't see me. To have some backup, I sent a quick mind link.

Roberto?

Yes, Luna?

I need you in the backyard; we seem to have a visitor; bring silver, please.

Yes, Luna, be careful.

The closer I get, the more potent the Rogue smell gets. With him finally in view, I sneak behind him, raise my dagger across his throat, and then wrap my arm around his chest.

"If you were sent to spy on us, you did a horrible job. Being an assassin had better not be a life goal of yours. So who are you, and what are you doing here?"

The Rogue didn't say a word or didn't move. Soon Roberto showed up and cuffed the Rogue.

"Stick him in the dungeon, away from everyone," I instructed Roberto. "Also, inform Hedrick he has a guest."

Roberto turned to nod his head. "Yes, Luna" turning the Rogue around, I managed to get a look into his eyes. They reflected terror and pain. I suddenly felt extremely lightheaded and blacking out; I heard Matt call my name.

Waking up in a clearing in the forest, I heard screaming from every direction. I quickly ran to the left as it was the brightest area. Looking around, I saw a beautiful log cabin on fire. I see women and kids running for their life and warriors fighting Rogues. Reminding me of Blood Moon, fear struck me, as I didn't know what pack I was in. I look around and start running towards the fray when I hear "Emily" in my head.

Waking up in the front yard surrounded by Matt, Mom, and Josh, "what happened?!" Mom asked, hugging me.

"It was a dream; I saw another pack being attacked. I don't know where but there was a log cabin burning like a Blood Moon.

"Silver Lake," Matt replied. "It's a smaller pack with a large log cabin and a lake behind it; I went there a few times with Dad to negotiate treaties.

"We need to find out if they are ok!" I said. I attempted to stand up but failed. Matt picked me up and carried me towards the house.

"Josh, please get in touch with Hedrick or Richard and tell them about this. See if they have a phone number. The most we can do is warn them." Matt asked. "As for you, my dear Mate, we will get you in bed until you are good enough to walk.

We said goodbye to Mom and Josh, and he carried me to our room. He laid me down on the bed, went into the bathroom, and ran me a hot bath. Coming back into the room, he kissed me passionately and began removing my clothes. Once that was complete, he put me in the tub.

He sat on the side of the tub and washed my hair and body. He leaned down and kissed me again, making me moan as he kissed down my neck and the spot that would house my mark; I grabbed him around his waist and pulled him fully clothed in the tub with me. Once the initial shock wore off, I kissed him hard and passionately.

"Mark me," I whisper.

"As you wish," He said as he continued to kiss my neck.

Extending my canines, I kissed his neck. As his canines entered my neck, I started feeling a surge of pain and pleasure I had never felt before. I let out an erotic moan as I bit into his neck. We both released and licked our bites as we sat forehead to forehead, not wanting this moment to end.

"We should probably get out now," I chuckled as I grabbed his wet shirt.

"Wait here." He said as he jumped out of the tub, shedding his wet clothes. Once he put on a pair of sweatpants and a T-shirt, he picked me up, carried me out of the tub, and placed me on the sink. He dried me off and gave me some undergarments and one of his T-shirts' to put on. Suddenly I felt exhausted, and he placed me on the bed so I could sleep.