Part 30.

Listen to the song above for a better experience during this chapter 🫶🏼
________________________________

"Your kinda cute." Mia says. My heart drops down into my stomach. I lose my breath. A gulp lowers in my throat and my mind darkens. What the fuck. I turn my head to Miguel slightly, he was tensed up, he was uncomfortable, and nervous.

"U-uh..." He stood there, I stare at her, giving her a glare as she smirks, biting her lip.

"You know what?" I break the silence. "Let's just go inside and do our shopping!" Mia's face breaks and she nods, groaning. "Finee." We all walk inside. It was obvious that she was trying to be as close to Miguel as possible. Slowly but surely, his hand wraps around mine, and I hold his.

"Where to first?" I ask, turning to the both of them. She gasps.

"Forever 21!" She squeals. I smile and nod my head. We always went to Forever 21 first.

We head up the escalator to the second floor and arrive at Forever 21.

-

After browsing the shop, Mia picks up a skimpy red dress and I pick up a white lace crop top, Miguel just gets a pair of socks. Mia runs to the changing rooms and I follow, we try on our things. I come out of my room to see Miguel waiting to see.

"Babe do you like i-" I get cut off.
Mia barges out of her changing room and looks at Miguel.

"Miguell, do I look good?!" She pushes out her front and her back side, she clearly wasn't that curvy and it was obviously being forced.

"Uhm, yeha?" He raises an eyebrow, his eyes were bland, he was uncomfortable and confused. His head turns to me.

"Amor! You look so good! You should buy it!" He walks up to me and wraps his arms around my waist, hugging me. A smile appears on my face.

"I will!" I hear a groan from behind me, and a door slamming, Mia obviously slamming her changing room door.

-

We purchase our things and walk out of the store.

"Where next?" Miguel says, his left eyebrow raising and his head turning to me.
"Uh... we could go get some food at the cafè on the third floor!" I say, Mia quickly agrees, it's always been our favourite place to go, I missed going there with her. Maybe all of her actions earlier were just mistakes, or she wasn't thinking straight.

We walk up the stairs instead, and walk into the cafè.

"Normal order?" Mia turns her head to me, grinning widely. She clearly remembered everything.
"Hell yeah!" I say, smiling widely. Miguel holds my hand, and I ask him.
"What do you want?"
"Uh, I'll just have a chai tea. Any will do." He looks at me and smiles, until Mia turns to us and we both look at her.

"Oh my god same! I always get that!" What is she on about?!
"That's not true, you always get th-"
"Wow Miguel we're so alike!" She giggles. His order wasn't even a specific drink? 'Any will do' How could it be her favourite anyway. And she always gets a tea, with four sugars. I sigh and roll my eyes.

I end up paying for the drinks and we sit outside of the cafè behind the fencing of it.

"So, you guys are co-stars right?" Mia says, placing her elbows on the table.
"Yep, we're also a couple in the movie!" I say happily.
"Right... and how did you two get together?" She asks.
"Oh he asked me out on Christmas. He gave me a gorgeous necklace and he wro-" I get cut off. Again.

"Soo, Miguel, how much money do you have?" Mia looks at him, her chin on her palm and trying to get as close to him as possible.
"Um... a fair amount for a teenage actor." He says, his voice bland and straight forward.

"Cool! You think we could hang out one day?" She says. I feel my face burn up, my hands sweat and my eyes begin to water.

"Uh..." He stutters.
She puts her hand on his on the table, he sits there, trying to take his hand away, but her grip was too tight.
"Do you think I'm pretty?" She asks, fluttering her eyelashes. That's fucking it.

-

I stand up so quickly that my chair falls over. Miguel and Mia's head sharply turn to me, my whole body is burning and my mind is racing.

"STOP THIS MIA, IM SICK OF IT! MIGUEL IS MY BOYFRIEND AND HE'S LOYAL, AND HE'S CLEARLY SMART ENOUGH TO KNOW WHAT YOUR TRYING TO DO!" I begin to cry my words, tears running down my face.
"I'VE KNOWN YOU SINCE NURSERY AND YOU ONLY WANT TO HANG OUT WITH ME BECAUSE I HAVE A RICH BOYFRIEND AND IM FAMOUS?! WHAT THE FUCK MIA! I HAVE TRUSTED YOU FOR ALL OF THESE YEARS DO YOU NOT GET THAT YOU DICKHEAD?!" I begin to ball my eyes out, my fists tensing.

"Hey, hey hey hey!" Miguel stands up and puts his arm around me, holding my hand with his free one.
"It's ok. Let's go home..." I sniff and we slowly walk out of the shopping centre. I can feel Mia's eerie glare, her eyes burning into the back of my head. I sigh and shake it off. I'm never going to talk to that bitch again. I've trusted her for so long and she tries to do this? At least I have Miguel and my family. Right?