Book Tropes

Ducky!

(You're going to be animals in this book, if you have an issue with that then let me know, I'm open to options. You could always be desserts again. Or candy. Or ice cream flavors. It's up to you)

I'm really curious where you stand on tropes and if those tropes ever get annoyed with you for standing on them. I mean, seems rude to me but to each his own.

No, seriously, I'm curious your take on tropes and so that's what we are discussing today!

But first, how was your week? How's life? School? Relationships? Spill it all here.

Back to our tropical discussion! Heehee! See it looks like tropes but it's now more fruity...

Whatever, you know I'm adorable, stop sighing heavily at my bad jokes and rolling your eyes.

When it comes to tropes I try to avoid them as much as possible because as a writer who reads I'm always waiting for a writer to do something new, something that I haven't read before. But rarely do I find that so I do it myself.

But that's just me, it makes me curious though where you stand on this. So! Here begins the competition between tropes and we'll see who the winners are!

First Competition:

You love a book sticking to the classic tropes.

You love when an author breaks the tropes.

Like I said, I'm on the side of breaking things, tropes being the easiest because it's less messy to clean up than glass. And the mess only comes in the form of causing readers emotional distress, which is gratifying. You're welcome!

Second Competition:

Friends to Lovers

Enemies to Lovers

I'm all for the friends to lovers because I honestly think that creates the best relationships. I can go for the enemies to lovers as long as the enemies become friends first.

I hate, double hate, loath entirely! enemies to lover books where the two characters really hate each other but kiss for some reason and that's all it takes for them to be together! I just hate that it is this one physical thing that changes the fact that they hated each other a second ago.

But that's me.

Third competition:

Bad boy and nerd/shy girl

Bad boy and rebel

Honestly, not a fan of bad boy books in general. Not my cup of tea. I've known guys who are 'bad boys' but they don't change and so I don't care for reading about them cause rarely do those type of people change in life.

Also why is it that they let their tragic past be the reason they are mean and hurtful people. Hello! You are responsible for you're own decisions. You don't have to be a jerk.

I'm just sayin.

Fourth Competition

Pen pals/ secret identity

The rich with the poor

Eh, this one I could go both ways. Though I'd love to do a twist on both. For the first, the girl is actually just writing a book and isn't writing a boy at her school.

The second I don't know what I would do, but I think it would a very conflicted book because their backgrounds are so different.

Fifth Competition:

Best Friend's sibling

Fake Dating

I think I would have to do best friend's sibling because the other one us used so much. But it is kinda a classic.

Sixth Competition:

Opposites attract

Rivals

Oh, this is a tough one. I like opposites like Courtney and Micah but with rivals you also get interesting dynamics like Mason and Carter. Yeah, that one I'm split between.

Seventh Competition:

Oblivious to love

Unrequited love

First one for sure! It's right up my alley of what I like to write. I've never experienced the whole unrequited love before so that's not something I'd easily write. Also I'm the kind of person who'd most likely make an effort to connect with the guy I liked and if it didn't work I'd dip.

Eighth Competition:

Sunny vs grumpy

Damsel in distress

Come on! That's not even a choice! You know me and what I write, I ain't writing no damsel in distress, it's the first for sure! Also it just makes me think of Pride and Prejudice so its a done deal.

Ninth Competition:

Love triangle

Love at first sight

Not going to lie, I don't like either of these. I know it might seem like I write love triangles but honestly I always have the guy picked out for the girl and it never feels like a love triangle in my mind.

For the second, I just don't like it. Can you feel strong attraction to someone you see? Yes, for sure. But do I think that's a love that will last to the point where even if someone is struggling that person would stay by their side no matter what? No, I don't but that's my opinion.

Tenth and final competition!

Star-crossed lovers

Beauty and the Beast

Definitely the first. I did technically write beauty and the beast with A Pirate's Tale... sorta. But I like the first because it means they have to fight for something that seems impossible.

Also it makes me think of Hunger Games and I freaking love those books! So yeah.

There you have it! Our epic trope competition! There's a lot more tropes but I thought these were some classics that would be good to choose between.

Tropes are classic and honestly not really avoidable but definitely something that I always try to make new and interesting. I don't know if I accomplish that but boy do I try my darnest!

If you have a dissertation on certain tropes you'd liked to pass along then leave it here!

Before you slip away vote, comment, follow...

I'm not sure if I should add those actions here because it's not like it's a normal book and need to be promoted...

I think I'll just leave them out. Just know if you want to vote, comment, follow then I ain't gonna stop you but neither am I going to remind you from this point on.

Todaloo!

Also decide why types of memes you want at the end of the chapters!