Chapter 9: Our Baby

Nicole's POV
*Same Day (After Daniella Leaves)*

We are on our way to the doctor. By we, I mean Tony and I. I am trying to make small talk but I'm so furious with him at the moment. I can't stop thinking about what I heard him say on the phone. I am so curious of who he was speaking to. However, I don't have the guts to check his phone. He put a password on it anyway and I forgot what it is.

I sigh once he parks and get out. He attempts to smile at me but by getting out, I rejected him. I hope he feels the wrath. World War ll is about to break out soon.

I begin to walk in into the doctors office with my purse swung over my shoulder. I leave Tony behind to lock the car and what not. I go to the receptionist to check in before sitting down. Tony comes in, sitting next to me. I take a very angered, deep breath. I'm surprised he hasn't questioned my frustrating behavior already.

"I'm so excited." He smiles. "My baby girl is going to get checked today."

His words make me calm down. Dammit Tony, I'm supposed to be mad at you right now. Stop being so amazing.

"How are you so sure it's a girl?" I question him with an eyebrow arched.

Tony gently lays a hand on my stomach, "I can just feel it."

Just as he says that, the baby kicks. I make a oof noise and he just smiles widely. The tears form in his eyes.

"We're having a baby." He sniffles. "Our baby. Our baby girl."

His words warm my once hardened heart. I smile at him as the tears form in my eyes.

"Nicole Perry." The nurse calls my name.

Tony quickly stands up and holds a hand out for me. As I stand up, our fingers intertwined and I feel as if I am back to when we were dating. The only difference between dating and marriage is how much better marriage is.

Unless they are cheating on you.

That's when I stop for a moment. Is this all fake? Is he faking this? Is he going to leave? Oh God no.

"You okay?" Tony asks.

I nod and we continue to walk.

As we walk down the the narrow corridor, I feel like my heart is beginning to fail on me. My head becomes dizzy but I try and pull through.

We make it into the room. The lady has me lay down on the table. I unzip the jacket I am wearing, leaving me in only my sports bra and shorts. This will make it easier for the ultrasound.

I lay down on the little bed they have and make myself comfortable. I look at the tv as the doctor puts the gel stuff onto my stomach. Its cold and feels strange but nice all at one time.

"That's your baby" She says with a smile.

I glance at Tony to see him crying. I start to tear up as well.

"This is my family. My beautiful family." He kisses my temple, making my heart beat right out of my chest.

"Do you guys want to know the gender?" The doctor asks kindly.

We both look at eachother before nodding our heads. The doctor moves around to check.

With a smile she tells us, "It's a girl."

Tony squeals and I chuckle. His squeal turns into a sob.

"I've been waiting for this day my entire life." He cries. "And now it's finally happening. I love you so much."

I look up at him. He crashes his lips to mine, causing the doctor to clear her throat. We laugh as we pull away.

"I'll leave you to alone while I print out the pictures." She exits the room.

"I told you she's a girl." He smirks with proudness.

"Oh just shut up and kiss me." I lightly hit his chest and he leans in, biting his lip.

"Oh." He groans. "Feisty." Then his lips reattach to mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's short and shitty. Please forgive me.

Love,
Chloe