introduction

So I thought of this idea not long ago. Wrote a description and straight onto a introduction and created a draft front cover. I'm taking suggestions as I'm blank for names.

Living in the shadows of her older brother was hard. He was perfect, he won trophies. Her parents bragged about him. And then there was her sister, she was younger so she had everything she could ever want. They spoilt her, they gave her hugs, they loved her.

But she was alone. Maybe if she was allowed to join a team she could get a trophy and make them proud.

Nothing was ever good enough though. She desperately wanted to be loved but instead she was hated. Her father abused her. He didn't care for her. She didn't know why. If they have her a chance she could prove to them she deserved love.

Her family was in by no means poor. They lived in a average 4 bedroom house with a garden. She was never allowed in the garden. Her bedroom consisted of an old mattress the springs popping out and a thin blanket. Most of the time they took the blanket away because her behaviour wasnt 'acceptable'.
A small pile of clothes in the corner of her room and her school bag  filled with books and homework.

That was it. No drawers, wardrobe or even a desk.

Once the clothes got to small and  they stopped her eating completely for a few weeks. She soon fit into them again.

Her small frame was questioned quite a bit but her family lied their way out of the investigation.

Now was different. She had no idea her life was about to change. She had moved a few times so she didn't expect to stay long. She wasn't leaving anyone behind, she hadn't had a single friend in years.

Moving to California, she wondered why her father didn't pay the man instead of moving. It would have cost alot less surely.

Nevertheless she didn't question it.

When they got there it was quite similar to their old house.

Her dad turned to her "you better get everything unpacked. We are all going out for a meal. Have everything done by the time we get back and I might spare you your usual punishment" he snapped.

"Yes sir" she whispered. She didn't understand why she wasn't allowed to call her parents mum and dad like her siblings.

"Oh and this is only a 3 bed house, you will put your stuff in the basement" a smirk appeared on his face as he left the girl alone and he, his wife and two kids left.

She didn't know it yet but soon she would have the love and affection she needed and deserved.