chapter 13

Another chapter, another book. Although this was mostly written before things got bad I just didn't realise I had almost a full chapter in my drafts.

Aria and Ares sat on the sofa watching a movie. Aria was very uncomfortable at first but with Ares around she felt safe. He had made sure to give her lots of food too which he was greatful for.

They didn't understand why they both felt the need to be with each other, Ares was protective and fussed over her, he never did they before and it confused him. He even made them sandwiches because he wanted her to eat something healthy rather than just snacks, and when she shivered he instantly adjusted the heating. And Aria, she had no idea why he was acting so nice but she enjoyed it, she enjoyed his company. For the first time, she felt safe with someone. It was an unknown feeling, when he left the room to get snacks, her nerves came back. She didn't understand why she felt so safe with him and trusted him, he had been her bully at one point.

Suddenly Ares muted the TV when he heard the front door open. "Shit" he muttered knowing his parents wouldn't approve of him skipping school.

The door slammed shut and Aria looked terrified. Ares noticed this and quickly tried to comfort her.

"Please tell me what's going on Daniel" the two children heard Jess say.

"It's nothing" Daniel snapped, Aria had tears rolling down her face,  Ares slowly wrapped an arm around her, not wanting to hurt her or scare her.

"Dont give me that bullshit Daniel. It's just us, you need to tell me" Jess was quick to snap back.

"I didn't like them so I did some digging. I don't fucking care if it's not her, I want her out of that house. They are fucking monsters....you know what I'm gonna go get her" Daniel practically shouted.

(Short break to appreciate Daniel, Daniel is already protective and he's never seen her face, he doesn't even believe she's his daughter)

He couldn't bare say her name but Jess knew what he meant.
She was suprised he had done research.

She was curious as to what he found.

Aria was terrified by now and Ares not knowing what to do decided to confront his parents. He slowly let go of Aria and walked out of the room
Both parents stared at him in shock. Glad they didn't use her name.
"Who are you going to get" he asked curious and knowing this was his only chance.
Daniel sighed, there was no point lying "I didn't like how you described aria's brother, I did some digging on the family. They owe a few people money but the most alarming thing was a few of her past schools had reported signs of abuse. I don't want her in that house" Daniel explained. He still didn't believe there was any possibility of her being his daughter. He had done all this out of concern for the girl who he he hadn't seen her face.

Ares wanted to break some more bones. He suspected it today. He was going to confront her before she had to go home.

"Well she's here. And she's terrified, she heard the shouting just like I did" Ares said and quickly rushed back to the living room.

He was upset to see her on the floor crying but he sat down next to her. "It's okay Aria, they aren't angry at you or I" Ares whispered.

Daniel and Jess watched them. Jess was deeply upset. She believed the girl was likely to be her daughter and the thought of her being abused made her sick.

Daniel however chose not to show emotions however he saw how his son instantly calmed the girl down. They both had the same shade of hair colour not that it meant anything but at the back of his mind seeing Ares and his friend hug each other, he desperately wanted it to be his princess.