chapter 22

Ares was lost. He felt numb almost. Maybe thats because he didn't really know how to feel.

He had a sister. A twin.

He didn't know how to deal with the information. Of course it wasn't her fault but his parents kept her a secret. He deserved to know.

And that angered him. He had a right to know and they hid it from him.

Without thinking he began to trash his room out of anger and annoyance. Books were knocked from his bookshelf, everything on his desk lay scattered on the floor. Some items were indeed broken.

He left his room in anger to confront his parents, he didn't hesitate to smash a vase on the floor as he walked past.

Unfortunately for Grayson, as his youngest brother came downstairs, he entered.

Ares looked at him with hatred. "how could you. Why were you allowed to know and I wasn't? You fucking kept this from me" he lashed out at his eldest brother.

Grayson was taken back but accepted Ares needed to let go of his anger.

"Mother and father didn't want you to go through the pain we all went through Ares. It killed me when dad told me how there was evidence she was dead. It killed me knowing she had been taken from the hospital. We were protecting you" Grayson calmly explained.

"Clearly not. You're still fucking breathing ' Are snapped.

He was about to punch his brother when she entered the house. Her and Jake had gone on a walk when Jake realised Ares was angry. He thought it best he take her somewhere where she can't hear.

But walking into the house, Aria stepped back in fear when she saw Ares fist raised about to hit Grayson.

Were they just like Luke?

Aria thought back to how Ares was when she just met him. He was very bully, he laughed at her pain. He caused her pain. There first meeting he had her pinned to a a wall threatening to her hurt her.

"Fuck" Ares said as his eyes met Aria's.

"Go cool down Ares, Jake where are mum and dad" Grayson said taking control of the situation.

"They had to go out. They didn't want to but there was a issue with paperwork for Aria." Jake said.

Everyone even Aria knew that the paperwork was the most important thing. She didn't want to go back to the people who claimed to be her family.

"Right. Ari let's talk" Grayson said.

"No. You don't get to fucking talk to her like you can do whatever you want. Both of you knew. Both of you hid it from me and now you're trying to break us apart. She's my twin not yours"

"We know but you're scaring her" Jake said softly. Aria was clung to him in fear.

"Yeah. You're right. I should go calm down. I'm sorry Aria. Im just angry I was never told" he apologized before leaving to calm down.

"Hey you don't need to be afraid of him. He's angry but that's on us. He loves you, just like we all do" Grayson said trying to calm her.

"Yeah the only thing you have to worry about is Ares being clingy and over protective once he's calmed down" Jake agreed.

"You know" Gray muttered, he knew it was delayed, he knew they were telling her today but with all Ares anger he didn't really have time to process it, not until he looked at her properly.

"Yeah, I'm gonna presume that's why you were hostile at first " she said trying to make light of such a serious conversation.

Grayson smiled sadly and quickly pulled her into a hug "I've missed you so much Ari. You're home now. You're finally home "

Upstairs was a complete different environment.

Ares had gone upstairs with the intention of calming down so he could spend time with Aria but then it hit him.

Luke. The boy who claimed to be her brother. The one who abused her. And there he was lashing out. She probably feared him too. And then anger took over.
He stormed into Xanders room. Xander looked up from what he was doing.

"How are you so okay with them keeping this from us" Ares snapped.

"I'm not okay with it Ares. However I understand why they didn't tell us. I've been too nervous to go talk to her since I was told" he said calmly.

"Well I'm not okay with it. I'm not okay with any of this. I'm not okay with the fact that she had that sick excuse of a brother all these years when she should have had me"

"I'm going to kill him " Xander said. Luke wasn't once ok his mind until now. But the boy had the nerve to call himself her brother whilst beating her up.

He was furious.

"Not if I kill him first "

Shorter chapter than normal but I just wanted to show Ares true reaction as he was too calm in the last chapter.