Author's Note

Hi! I know you want to get straight into the story, but I wanted to explain a couple of things first. 

-This is NOT a complete rewrite of Yu-Gi-Oh Arc-V Eps 124 and 125. Just my own version of the duel between Yuya/Yuto, Serena and Ruri. 

-I'll be writing in a script style: Characters names will be in Bold, mostly to make it easier to understand who's speaking, but also because I wanted to try a different writing style. And as this is an anime that sometimes has multiple characters speaking at once I thought this would be the best way to present it. 

-Any speech within brackets ( ) is a character's internal thoughts. 

-Speech in Italics is coming from characters who can only be heard by the person they are talking to (Mostly Yuto to Yuya). 

-Any actions the characters state (e.g. summoning a monster, activating a spell/trap card) I am not going to describe unless it's important. Also I will not be describing every single card the characters use (because it's not relevant to the purpose of this duel rewrite.) 

-I will include any relevant information about monsters when they are summoned or if any of their stats (Atk/Def/Level, etc) are changed. 

-The duel will follow the same rules as were present during the airing of the show. The important things to note being that the Pendulum zones are separate to the other Spell/Trap zones and there is no Extra Monster zone. 

-I will be referring to the Graveyard as the GY. (As they do in the modern game). 

-I'm using my own versions for some of the summoning chants. 

-I will be using Japanese names written in English for the characters and cards (As I prefer them). Also I will only be using cards used by the characters in the anime with their anime effects. (There are two exceptions, see if you can spot them)

-If you don't know about any of the cards or characters mentioned, feel free to look them up but I will include pictures of the most important monsters and characters that appear in case you're unfamiliar. 

-The only card that I am altering the effect of is Parasite Queen. Normally its anime effect states that: Any other monster equipped with Parasite Fusioner loses 800 Atk for each. In this version its effect instead specifies: Any Non-Fusion monster.

-All Action cards in this rewrite were used at some point in the anime. Although 1 of them (Detour) I may be using incorrectly, however I think the phrasing of the effect is very vague and open to interpretation. And there is one Action card in particular I have purposely not used, feel free to drop a comment if you figure out what it is.

-Storywise, nothing from the series before this duel is different.

I'll be starting from when the Duel begins. With Yuya and Yuto unaware that Ruri and the other bracelet girls have been brainwashed by the Doctor.

-

Thank you for staying with me so far. That was all the important information about this Fanfiction, so you can feel free to skip the rest of this note if you just want to read the duel. 

However, if you'd like to hear my explanation for why I decided to write this Fanfic in the first place, then please read on. I promise it won't take long. 

-

I've been a Yu-Gi-Oh fan for as long as I can remember. The card game, the anime (Dub or Sub), I love it all and have watched every spin off and movie.

I've even been making my own cards with their own lore and stories during lockdown. Maybe one day I'll post them on here too, so let me know if you'd like to see that.

But ever since I got into writing I've been noticing areas where I felt the anime could be improved. And yes, I know it's easy to see these things with hindsight rather than when you're in the middle of the writing process but sometimes you just can't help it. 

If you're also a Yu-Gi-Oh fan who has watched Arc-V, then I'm confident you'll agree with me that the quality of the series took a huge decline (In my opinion, starting from the end of the Synchro Arc) and especially with the ending. Despite this there were still many great moments in Arc-V, one of my favourites being the... well you can probably tell from the title of the story, and if not I won't spoil it for you. 

Regardless I always felt this specific duel had so much more to offer with the characters and events involved. And after recently watching a Duel Analysis video by TGS Anime on Youtube, (Go subscribe if you like the Yu-Gi-Oh anime, you won't regret it), the idea of writing my own version of the duel jumped into my mind and I rolled with it. 

I always find myself very motivated when inspiration hits like that and try to blitz through the project while it's still fresh in my mind.

This was a really fun experience and honestly if I had the time or money, I'd want to entirely rewrite the end of Yu-Gi-Oh Arc-V. But for now, this will suffice. 

That's all from me. Thank you for reading this far and I hope you enjoy!