16 Ember

He gave me a kiss and then got up to his feet pulling me with him. I stumbled a bit into him, I look up at his face.

"Well, Jay will be mad about the bikes." I laugh as I step back and look where there is a small fire from the now destroyed bikes.

I heard the voices of Evie, Mal, Carlos, Jay and Celia and my heart dropped knowing I must go with them.

"I'm sorry, I have to leave." I sigh and I run off leaving him.
I always leave him quickly because I thought it would hurt me less, but it doesn't, it only makes it worse for me.

I run through the streets that I know so well and soon meet up with the V.K's. We quickly make our way to the bridge.

"All right. Get in, get out. Jay, you're good?" Mal said.

"Yeah." Jay agreed.

"Okay. Hold on." Mal said holding out her arms to stop us.

Jay clicked the little remote in his hand and a circle opened up in the now visible sparkling barrier in front of us. Mal put her arms down and we walked through.

"Whoa. You got a little Hades thing going." Evie said looking at Mal who was still young and not the old hag, thanks to the ember but she still looked different, a good different. Her hair that was before just purple now had dark blue in it, and her green and purple clothes had the same kind thing done, the purple was kept but the green was either dark blue or purple.

"That thing packs a punch, huh?" Carlos said.

We all turn around and gasp when we heard a noise behind us.
I watch as Harry and Gil stand up and look at the closed barrier behind them.

"We made it, bro." They both said giving each other a quick chest bump /hug before turning towards us.
I run forward into Harry's arms, unable to keep back my joy and excitement. We both turned and looked at the V.K's surprised faces.

"Hey, guys. We're just coming for a wee visit." Harry said letting go of me.
Harry and Gil walk forward but Carlos and Jay push them both back. I walk forward to grab Harry but he went forward giving Carlos a rough shove causing Carlos to crash into Mal which made her drop the ember.

"Hey. Hey." Mal yelled as she desperately got down trying to grab the bouncing blue stone before it would fall down into the water.
But just as Mal grabbed it Harry's hook caught around her wrist and he quickly brought his hook up. I watch the ember fly out of Mal's hand and towards the water.

"No!" Mal shrieks.
I watch the ember fall but just as the ember was about to hit the water a giant tentacle shot up and grabbed it.

I hear the familia cackled of Uma as she emerges from the water.
     "Drop something?" She says.

    "It can't get wet. Give it back before it goes out." Mal desperately begs, Uma just laughs.

    "Uma?" Harry and Gil say happily.

    "That's my name." She smiles and goes back under the water.

    "No!" Mal yells.

I watch as a golden light glows and the water begins to spin and rise, the same as it did on the boat on the night of Cotillion.
There is a big blast of water that quickly disappeared, we all look down seeing nothing.

    "Hi, Boys." Uma say from behind us holding the glowing ember in her hand.

     "Welcome back." Harry laughs and we walk over with Gil behind us.

    "Uma, you swam off and forgot all about us." Gil says sadly.

    "Yeah. Planning her revenge, no doubt." Mal said. I stood close beside Harry.

    "It's not all about you, Mal. I was looking for a hole in the barrier to let everybody out." Uma says walking a couple steps forward. "And you know what I found, Boys?" Uma said turning toward Harry, Gil and I, but really only talking to the Boys. "It's way better out there than we thought. There's this thing that looks like a furry rock called a coconut. And fish so big you could dance on their backs." I'm pretty sure she was talking about whales. "And they've been keeping it all for themselves."

"Whatever. Uma, I need that to break a spell." Mal demanded out stretching her hand.

"Cast by Audrey, Sleeping Beauty's Daughter." Carlos explained.

"Mm. So the good guy is the bad guy?" Uma laughed, I must admit it is kinda funny.

"Well, I might not give it back. Let's see what happens." Uma said casually.

"UMA, it's not the time for games! People's lives are in danger!" Mal shouted.

"Guarantee me that every single villain kid who wants to, can get off the Isle." Uma asks.

"I can't do that." Mal said.

Uma sighed and walked in between Harry and Gil sticking her arm with the ember over the edge. "Well, how about now?"

"Deal. Deal." Mal agreed quickly.

Uma fake slipped just to mess with them.

"Uma!" Evie yelled. Uma just laughed and stood up straight.

"Her word is good." I assure Uma.

Uma walked forward looking closely at the ember. "I'll still keep this, for the time being." Uma concluded as she stuck it in the jacket. "Because if you think I trust you to save the world on your own, think again. This is a job for pirates."
She walked back over to us and we have our little celebration.

Uma turned back towards Mal waiting for an answer.

"Fine." Mal finally agreed.

I gave Harry a kiss.

"Where are our bikes?" Jay asked angrily.

"Oh, yeah. We crashed them." Gil explained.

Harry imitated an engine, then whistled as he motion whit his hand falling then a small crash, fallowed with a laugh.

"Here's a thought. We could try to be friends." Evie suggested. "Put our history behind us and celebrate our differences. (Y/n's) already friends with us both, we can all do the same. Yeah?" She looks at both groups as no one answers. "Who wants gum?" She offers and takes out a bag of gum ball.

"Let's go." Uma says walking forward and I start to fallow with Harry.

"No?" Evie says shaking the bag.

"Ah..."Mal stops Uma. "No. I'm in charge." Mal confirms. "Let's go."
Mal walks off with the V.K's behind her heading towards the end of the brick bridge and on to the golden magic bridge, with Uma walking across from Mal, with Harry, me and Gil behind her.