Chapter 19

[Author's pov] :

"His vital signs are getting worse..", yuna's voice was weak, tears were threatening to come out. "H-He..will be..a-alright...r-right?", y/n stuttered as she felt her knees turning numb, almost giving up the ability to stand straight. Jungkook stood there beside her, supporting her trembling figure. "say something!",Y/n shouted, tears streaming down from both the ends of her eyes.

The silence was killing her from inside the more time Yuna was taking to respond back the more painful it was getting.

"I-I couldn't save him..I'm s-sorry..", she stuttered and continued,"Given his current state, he was not able to s-survive the surgery..", yuna almost whispered, it was even hard for her. She couldn't possibly do anything even if she wanted to..never in her entire life she felt this helpless before.

"Stop with your nonsense..You're..lying..i-it can't be possible...h-he can't just leave like that, you get it? He said he loved me but if he did he couldn't leave me just like that! I know he won't leave me...go and check a-again go...", y/n crashed down to the ground in agony, tears continuously streaming down her cheeks.

"Y/n...I'm sorry...I'm really..s-sorry..", yuna lowered her head, tears came without warning. There was absolute silence. Until y/n stood up and started walking, both jungkook and yuna got worried as she just kept on moving forward without glancing back even once even after they called out to her multiple times.

[y/n's pov] :

I stood up and started walking..I had no idea where I was heading to...but I was just walking.. "y/n?!"I could hear Jungkook calling out to me but I didn't stop...I ignored him. I was not in my senses...not anymore...and this was driving me crazy...multiple thoughts were continuously running inside my head. I loved him...I didn't get to tell him this...i...i didn't get to tell him what I think about him...what I feel for him....

This pain is unbearable..I can't do it any more...this is all because of me...a-all..b-because of me....I'm the reason.

And by the time I realised I was already at the rooftop of the hospital building. I placed my hand on the railing and looked down. Everything was so dark as I glanced in the distance..just like my life. "I am the one at blame...It should have been me..It should have been me from the very start..", a drop of tear rolled down my cheek as all the flashbacks started hitting me like a truck.

"What can I do to make you forgive me?"

"How can you not see that I'm so in love with you that I can hardly breathe in your presence?"

"The only person I wanted to be with...never wished for the same"

"I am setting you free"

"It's already hard for me to let you go.."

"y/n, I know..i am not your first love but I want to be your last''

"I'm here..calm down..please..I'm here and never leaving your side"

"You can go away from this unwanted marriage..."

"I'm sorry..."

"Don't make it hard for me to let you go..please"

All the words he said were continuously playing inside my head.

I can't stay alive with this pain anymore...I can't...I leaned in closer to the railing. And all I could think of right now was...end this suffering. "I am sorry..", with that I took a step forward until someone from behind grabbed my hand and pulled me backward making both of us lose our balance and fall to the ground on our backs.