CHAPTER 21

I found myself stuck at my place, feeling like a statue, as the humming reverberate in my ears with the breaths fanning my hairs on my neck.

It was a female's voice, and yet i got to know who she was. I wanted to close my eyes, so i wouldn't see her face but i was unable to do that too.

Tears slipped down my cheeks when I got face to face with her white chalk, thin face. Her cheek bones were so visible that it made me puke, her red eyes were looking right into my brown ones. Her long hair flying on either side of her shoulders.

Her lips curved into a slow creepy smile, showing her white teeth. My heartbeat accelerated, a surge of panic rushed through my body.

'Noah!'
I whispered a yell in my mind, in my heart. Her creepy smile diminished as her expressions turned into frustrated one. Anger formed in her like she heard me screaming his name.

Her red eyes turned black in just a motion. I felt the pain on my neck, which made me realise she was choking me. I fell back on the floor with her on top of me, the pressure of her fingers were in enough force that a moment later, i felt dizzy.

However, i tried my best to push her away but it seemed next to impossible for me, as i struggled under her hold, my tears streamed down like a waterfall.

I found it difficult to breathe, when the pain getting higher in my throats and neck. My vision went blurr as i could feel my eyes popping. I didn't know how long i struggled but a moment later i lost my consciousness.

...

I screamed as i woke up with my eyes wide open, but before my voice got out of my lungs a hand covered my mouth, preventing my scream to come out. I scrambled for a second but the familiar scent filled my nostrils.

It was him.

I turned my gaze at him -- feeling relaxed, as soon as I sensed his presence. Tears welled up in my eyes and began to roll down my cheeks like rivulets, i couldn't help but cry out loud as he embraced me in his arms, firmly.

'It wasn't a dream, was it?'

'It has to be real.'

I still felt difficulty while crying, my throats had some kind of a pain struck every time I tried to breathe deep. In my hick-ups, i was feeling the lightning surge through my neck. But i hadn't stopped crying.

I was sensing last night's fear, though, i could feel the shivering all over my body. I knew i was shaking under his arms.

'I have to be strong, i can't let her take over me.'

I tried to fight with my fear, because i couldn't be like this, forever. But as i said already, Noah wasn't just my strength, he was my Achilles heel too.
Since i was able to show all my deepened emotions only and only to him.

I pulled out myself from his firm hug. He gave me a glass of water and i chucked it in one go. I, now, found how it's so important to keep yourself hydrated. My throats were perched and dry, and the pain outside yet inside, both, was being unbearable for me.

Noah put his hands on either side of my cheeks as he lifted my face, making me to look at him. As soon as my eyes met his ocean Blue hues, my heartbeat started racing yet my heart filled with warmth. 

"You need to go to the hospital." He was pleading through his eyes.

I knew, now he couldn't lie about it. Her fingerprints would be visible on my neck. Now, i could ask him and he had to tell me about everything, that had been going on with me.