Chapter 17: The Engagement

Stage Decor Inspo - 

Today was the big day. Meera has taken time off work and has to reconsider what work is going to look like after getting married. She knows she is going to continue work, but she'll need to talk to Shourya about that.

Talking about Shourya, she hadn't seen him since the day they all went shopping. However they had been talking on the phone, Shourya had gotten her phone number from Aarav, calling her landline was too much of a hassle. Every night he would call her, ask her about her day, tell her about his, and talk about their likes and dislikes.

She had discovered he can play the piano and guitar and he discovered she loves to read and paint. They had even video called, where Jai would also talk to him and has now warmed up to Shourya.

"Meera, beta are you ready?" Suman asks. They were all at the venue already and Meera had requested that she got ready herself. Meera turns to look at Suman and Rohini. Meera had put her hair up in a loose bun with some strands sticking out. Both the women were in awe, Suman decided to give her a kiss on the forehead before leaving the mother and daughter to have their moment.

"Meri jaan, kitni khoobsurat lag rahi ho." Rohini smears some kajal out of her right eye and places it behind Meera's eye.

(My love, look at how beautiful you are looking.)

"Bhai kahan hai?"

(Where is brother?)

"Bas aa raha hai." Rohini sobbed.

(He's just on his way.)

"Maa, please don't cry! You're going to make me teary."

DRESS INSPO - 

Soon after Virat came in to take Meera, he gave her a huge cuddle before asking if she was ready. He walked her out, Anushka waiting at the entrance of the hall where the ceremony was going to be. Rohini held her daughter's hand as they walked up to Anushka. Suraj and Muskaan watched from the stage, where Raj and Shourya were waiting.