2: The Bat and the wing

PREV- What Nico missed was that there was a fourth and fifth presence.

Nightwing and Batman were patrolling the night when they ran across three gangsters using a bat to break a car's window. Nightwing was going to arrest the criminals, but Batman had stopped him. Batman pointed towards the gangsters leaving and following some kid.

"So, they went from destruction of property to possible assault and robbery? What the upgrade." Nightwing asked in sarcasm.

Batman grunted in response as they followed the 4.

"The kid seemed to notice. He's speeding up." Batman said to his student.

They sped up to follow as well. The kid was full on running at that point with the gangsters hot on his tail.

Batman saw as the 3 men circled around the teen in a dead end.

"Time to make my entrance." Nightwing said.

Nico was about to take out his knife when he sensed two other presences.

"Hey fellas." Someone said as they descended from the roof.

Nico looked up there was another shadow figure there.

"Fuck! Its Nightwing!" One of the gangsters said as they faced the man in blue and black.

"And Batman." Nightwing said as he pointed towards Nico.

Right at that moment Batman descended in front of Nico separating the crowd and him.

"Well fuck it!" The guy without a weapon pulled out a gun and rapid fired at Batman.

The others thought it was Batman, but it was aimed at the kid. Batman quickly grabbed his cape pulled to over him as he stepped to block the view of Nico. Too bad Batman wasn't the flash. One bullet made its way through.

'Oh, this is going to hurt! Here goes nothing.'

Nico stood there as if not being able to react and got shot in his right thigh.

"AGH!" Nico screamed as he grabbed is thigh in pain.

Nightwing hurried as he knocked the fat man out. Batman was already done with the other two as he headed towards Nico.

"Alright kid. You're going to be fine." Batman said as he applied pressure in the wound.

Nico hissed in pain. But let the stranger do his job. Nightwing out of nowhere had some bandages in hand and ready for Batman. Nico guessed it was a necessity they always had.

Nico felt his consciousness slipping away as he thought, 'It seems that I was weakened after shadow traveling here and with the blood loss,'

"The kid passed out." Batman said.

"What are we going to do with him?" Nightwing asked.

"...Check the system for him. We'll take him home. If he doesn't have one, I'm sure Bruce wouldn't mind another kid." The guy in black answered after thinking about it.

"Alright, so I'm guessing to the Batcave for now?" Nightwing said unsure.

"yea" Batman said as he carefully picked up theteen.

(A/N Ik these are short! Im sorry to anyone who actually reads these)