Chapter 6: Kisses through the Smoke

Oh my God. What? Wait a second. What the hell is happening?

His hands on my hips while mine on his hair. What are we doing? His lips are so soft on mine. We should stop. He tastes so good. Ok, really. I don't know why we are doing this. It's so wrong but feels so good. Too much cliché also for me.

We are breathless. He put his forehead on mine, his smile is contagious. He looks like a kid that won McDonalds for dinner after his parents kept saying there was food at home.

He didn't let me go, with his strong arms around my torso and still between my legs. This kiss has been the best in all my life- not that I have so much experience.

"I should have done it before." He said, being interrupted mid sentence by his own chuckles.

"Well, before the long marathon on the beach it would have been better." I admitted, remembering the soreness felt at the knee.

He laughed and my heart melted even more.

"I don't know what happened to me, it's just that I feel so attracted to you and I love the days we spent together last week, like we are long date friends and-"

"Do you always talk that much after such a good make out session?"

He blushed and I feel victorious to make him feel like this too.

"And about the other thing, well I think friends shouldn't know the taste of each other."

He blushed even more and pressed his face onto my neck, tickling me but I didn't care less- I wanted him closer.

"Who said we are friends?"

Now I'm the one blushing.

"After this I need another shot, thank you." I gently pushed him away but there were just a few inches between us.

We laughed like two idiots, then he caressed my face and came closer again. I pecked his lips a few times.

It was perfect until a few people came at our spot and in a second Lando pulled himself away and I jumped off the rock.

I looked at the sea and the reflect of the moon on the water. It's such a romantic setting. I sighed and suddenly I felt him behind me, his strong arms hugging my torso and his head on my shoulder.

"You okay?" His whispers caressed my ear, making me shiver.

"Shall I be honest?" I said still looking at the point where the sky meets the sea.

"Always and totally, yes." His nose brushed under my ear.

"I'm craving a cigarette." I blurted without thinking a minute more.

He didn't break the contact between us, however I felt him a bit more distant.

"You smoke?"

"Ehm, yeah..."

Have I just ruined everything?

"You shouldn't." His hand raced my arm until his fingers found finally mine.

"I know."

A huge embarrassing silence took part.

"Well, I'm nobody to tell you what to do, so if you really want it, just do it."

"Oh no, I'll smoke later, before coming back to my room."

"Why not here?" He asked, turning around so that he could be in front of me.

"I don't like to smoke in front of other people, above all when I know they don't approve." Handling his eyes was impossible.

"I care about you, that's it. If you need it, don't worry."