Chapter- 24

Please vote and comment! Motivates a lot!

Sagarika's POV -

After getting ready, as I made my way to the living room, I saw mumma and papa sitting there and talking to everyone and I got so excited that I ran and threw my arms around them.

" Why didn't you tell me that you both are coming too!" I complained, whining as I went on to hug them.

" How would have we surprised you then? Agasthya had called me up and commanded us both to be here for dinner." Papa replied and my eyes travelled to him who had a faintest of smiles playing on his lips. I gave him a thankful nod which he acknowledged with one of his own, leaning on the wall with Rohit by his side along with Biscuit.

Mom, Mumma and Yashvi bhabhi were heating the food while the guys were setting up the dining table after we sat and chatted for a while about things here and there.

" Sagarika, beta take this rice bowl and put in on the table. The serving spoon is right outside." Mom said as I took the bowl out of her hands and walked out. I was just a few steps away from the dining room when my leg tangled with something on the floor and I clutched the bowl tightly in my hands but unfortunately, there was nothing I could do to stable myself as my dupatta, covering all my injuries slipped away from my shoulders.

" Please god, no....no.....no, please!" I was trying to balance myself on the toes but I knew that this was a struggle I was going to loose so I closed my eyes shut and hoped to fall slowly when I felt a hand wrapping around my waist, steadying me and the bowl in my hand was taken away all of a sudden as I opened my eyes.

" I did not take you for being this clumsy Sagarika." Agasthya was the one who had saved me from falling and I found a smirk playing on his lips and I bit my tongue in embarrassment as I tried to stand up straight.

" Thank you." I murmured to him as he gave me the bowl back and then bent down again to pick my dupatta up and wrapped it around my shoulders to hide the burns.

" Th...." He did not let me finish my sentence and kept his index finger on my lips, sending a shiver down my spine.

" Stop thanking me for every little thing." He said instead, tucking a hair strand which had made its way on my face.

" I should go and keep this on the table." I said, squirming a little under his watchful gaze before turning my eyes away.

" Give that to me." He asked, taking the bowl away from my hands before I could protest and started to walk to the dining table and I followed him.

" Piu beta when are you going back to work?" Papa asked me as we all finally sat for dinner.

" From tomorrow Papa. I cancelled my holidays since everyone is going for work. I get bored alone at home." I told them the truth and everyone agreed except for Agasthya, who was sitting next to me and now, giving me a stare which I skillfully avoided.

After everyone praised me for dinner and then everyone busied themselves into conversations here and there, I found a hand on my upper arm and I immediately turned towards my husband who was giving me a concerned look.

" Sagarika your injuries are not normal and I know for a fact that what you do is not exactly a desk job. You cannot be risking yourself in this condition. I will not allow it." He spoke slowly but firmly and I turned my head to look at him.

" I will be fine Agasthya. In fact, I will be better in office. I promise to not do anything which will hurt me." I almost begged to him.

" No. With those burns, you should be resting most of the time and here you are. I have seen your endurance and that's why I haven't put you on bed rest but you will not do anything more than this." It felt like his final decision and I could feel my anger rise slowly as I held the spoon in my hand tightly.