Where is Brin

Timber Wolfs arms were bound over his head by large shackles. They were attached to the ceiling by thick chains that forced him to stand upright at all times with his arms above his head. He was exhausted. Maxmellius had taken special interest in personally visiting him every evening to taunt him and torture him starting after the first visit when Brin had managed to land a kick on him. The walls of his cell were bare metal with a large wall mirror on the wall facing him. Every time Maxmellius had entered the room he'd pointed out the mirror and forced Timber Wolf to look at himself and the sorry state he was in. Alone, he didn't look up.

The guards gave him precious sips of water but refused to speak to him. At Maxmellius's command they'd inject him with green liquid that had no affect on Timber Wolf. They'd been taking his blood since then, and he watched them mix the green liquid in his water. He drank every last drop, glaring at Maxmellius the entire time.

He knew Jaz couldn't survive the conditions they were keeping Timber Wolf in. Maxmellius would tease information about her, but ultimately Timber Wolf had no idea whether he could believe him or not. The walls to gave no clues as to how much time had passed down here. Weeks? All he knew was that he was running out of time. The rage inside him was growing and his ability to resist and keep it in check was waning hour by hour. Because of him they were recaptured... No. It was his cockiness that got them in this mess. He believed he could take on anyone dumb enough to attack the clinic. He thought they didn't have the numbers or the ability to get past him... He walked her into that killing room. The worst part wasn't the physical torture, nor was it the mocking taunts or experiments. It was the shame he felt chained and alone with his thoughts.

"Ahh, how has my mutt been." The nasally voice of Maxmellius drew a growl out of Timber. He chuckled at the response before slamming Timber Wolf's side with a bat. Timber grunted, "Ahh. It's lovely to hear you finally make some music," The man circled Timber keeping just out of range. "It's only been a short couple of days and you're already breaking under my boot." The man moved to swing at Timber Wolf again but the bat was sent flying by a well placed kick. It smashed into one of the lights of the ceiling casting half of Maxmellius's face in shadow. The mask of humanity the man wore cracked and for a moment Brin saw the sheer manic rage Maxmellius carried around with him. "Punish him."

A bolt of electricity travelled through the chains shocking Timber Wolf. He bit his tongue trying to stop himself crying out. Enraged, Maxmellius shouted to them to increase the frequency until one of the scientists monitoring his vitals warned it could kill him. "I don't care! Kill him if you have to! He. Will. Submit." Timber Wolf began to see white as the sound of screaming deafened his ears. He dropped limp the moment they shut it down. He could barely feel the bat hit him as darkness swallowed his consciousness.

- - -

"Brin!" Light Lass's voice snapped Brin out of his daze. He looked around realizing he was standing in the Legion clubhouse completely zoned out with her looking quite annoyed. "Earth to Brin, you in there?"

"I'm here, I'm listening... Sorry." He rubbed the bridge of his nose.

"What were you thinking about just now, I had to practically yell your name to get your attention." His heart twisted for a moment. It almost felt like old times between them, though the way her eyes refused to stare into his was a constant reminder that it was over.

"I... I don't remember. Sorry, what was it you wanted to talk to me about?" It was his fault it was over. The thought twisted in his chest.

"About your mission. Are you sure about this? It could be a one way ticket back to the 2000's... You might never come back." Right, his mission. How could he forget?

"If this mission fails it'll mean the end of our entire universe as we know it, and every parallel one as well. Without the Worldhearts, our universe will end. We must stop any chance that their plan could succeed."